Gummy multivitamins

In my attempts to make my own diy soylent, I found that the multivitamin, for how little of the overall mass it represented, made a significant negative impact on the texture and flavor of the end result. Has anyone tried using gummy multivitamins instead? any reason not to?

I think it would be hard to disperse a gum and you will need to swallow it in parts.
But if you swallow - why not to swallow multivitamin you have?

You might be able to melt the gummy down to a syrup and then mix it in… I don’t see a reason not to try at least.

High temperatures can denature a bunch of the vitamins and amino acids found in multi-vitamins. Also, melted gummy liquid hardens very rapidly back into gelatin form, so I have no idea how that would mix with soylent. It’d be a fun experiment but I don’t know that I’d drink it :stuck_out_tongue:

Well might try separate it into fine particles somehow? It would be gritty though.

I hate the gummy vitamins- they make my teeth hurt from how sweet they are.

I can’t speak for all of them but my wife has some of these and the ones she have contain what I feel is a not insignificant amount of filler and sweetener to make them taste like candy. So outside of the gelatin issues that could be an issue.

I would either simply take the multivitamin in the morning or if you want to space it out to maybe help with absorption consider a bill cutter. Cut the pill into half’s or thirds and keep them in a ziploc bag to take with each shake?

Oh hells no…I need to deal with the FDA and the EPA already…No way I’m pulling PETA into this…

Oh the poor bears this, and just think of the suffering that…I’m out.