I just published my current soylent recipe – check it out and let me know what you think. There’s a lot of additional sourcing and nutritional information (and photos) on the blog post, but the recipe itself I’m pasting below:
- 120 g oat flour
- 85 g soy protein from Trader Joe’s, unflavored (see above for substitutions)
- 85 g olive oil
- 75 g brown sugar
- 25 g ground flax
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 15 g lecithin
- up to 10 g potassium citrate or 20 g potassium gluconate
- 2 g iodized salt
- 1 g Emergen-C
- 1 Vitamin D supplement
- Read the blog post, especially the “Safety” section.
- Combine all dry ingredients except Vitamin D. Mix well.
- Measure olive oil into a separate container.
- To prepare an individual meal, measure about a third of the dry mix and a third of the oil into a large drinking vessel.
- Add 400-500 ml (14-16 oz) of water, and shake or stir well.
- Chill for several hours if possible, to improve taste and texture. It may be healthier that way too (due to phytic acid deactivation).
- Meanwhile, take your Vitamin D and/or get some sunshine.
It’s also on GitHub.
Let me know what you think!