Happy Wednesday, April 1!

We at Soylent hope that you are having a wonderful Wednesday, April 1 2015 – it’s a lovely day for a Wednesday, isn’t it?

Because there is nothing particularly special about today, there is absolutely nothing changed on any of the Soylent web properties.

Nothing hidden, nothing altered, no secret messages in our promo video, nothing like that. Why would there be?

It’s just like any other day!

I was gonna say something, but then I thought it might be because I haven’t had my morning coffee yet…

(sending = failed)

They warned you not to!

Really shoulda waited until after that coffee…

So their attempt at hiding the comment in the source code failed (they used # instead of <!-- and -->).

# this is definitely not an april fools easter egg, because that would be a mixed holiday metaphor
# you should absolutely not email jkjkjk at soylent dot me 
# if you are one of the first 10 people to send an email, it doesn't matter because we asked you not to send anything
# you certainly won't be hearing back from us
# happy wednesday-just-like-every-other-wednesday day!

I got this when I tried to email them:

Hello [my email],

We’re writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (jkjkjk) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren’t able to post:

• You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
  • The owner of the group may have removed this group.
  • You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
  • This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at http://support.google.com/a/soylent.me/bin/topic.py?topic=25838.

Thanks,

soylent.me admins

Either this prank is way over my head or it’s kind of lame. :cry:

If you want a lame April Fool’s joke, come over to my place right now - it’s snowing. :astonished:

It looks like @rob’s surname is spelled Reinhardt in the promo video (rather than Rhinehart). Has it always been like that? What does it mean?

Email address works now.

And that’s 10!

See @wezaleff’s post for details.

You may now return to your regularly-scheduled Wednesday activities, which makes sense because today is just another Wednesday.

I emailed him about that a few months back and he said “Oops, missed that! We need to make a new video anyway”.

My guess? Rob is an informant. He came from a life of squalor and destitution. His peers were brazen. The stratification warped his youthful heart. Early on, he came to develop acute electromechanical skills. After pioneering a treatment for arthritis using nano-scale coyote albatross hybdrids, he rose in rank. Under the guise of a polish bureaucratic desk jockie, he gathered intelligence on others of affluence in his proximity. Over the years he was keen but cutthroat. Graves as far as the eye can see are filled with those who would have ousted him.

Slowly, as the sands of time withered away any hint of vestigial hope, the opportunity presented itself. He cut off his ponytail, changed his eye color and went from blonde to brown haired.

The rest, as they say, is history.

It could have also been a typo. These things happen all the time.

Oh man, can anyone share what happened when they emailed that address? Or are there now a Chosen Few among us who possess a Dark Wednesday April First Secret that they’ll take to their graves?

I may well have been the first, but the address was undeliverable at that point - I just got an error message in reply. (I tried twice, even)

I feel gypped. :disappointed:

I see RL posted a video explaining everything. Very elaborate and Clever!

Soylent April 1!

It’s nice to see that my special script worked for that particular joke, once again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Same here :unamused:

It’s not technically an NDA, but I did sign a contract in blood. So my lips are sealed.