Has anyone made a chocolate chip cookie recipe

I was curious if anyone has made a chocolate chip DIY recipe that is complete or at least close to complete. Hell, any recipe regardless of how complete it is would be great. Thanks in advance.

Are you specifically looking for chocolate chip cookies? because [I’ve baked all sorts of stuff][1] with my soylent.

[My recipe][2] is specifically designed to be a flavor neutral baking/cooking base. I’m still playing with stuff. Most recently, I replaced the oat flour with an equivalent (100 g/day) amount of coconut flour, which lowered the amount of carbs and total calories in the soylent.

As this is designed to be just a base, I specifically engineered caloric overhead for other ingredients not listed, such as the aforementioned chocolate chips, or the sauce and cheese on my soylent pizza.

If you’re looking to use my recipe (which isn’t sweet by default), you’ll have to add sweeteners to it like I mention in the Soylent Green Recipe thread. For each days mix (which amounts to about a cup and a half), you add half as much sweetener (3/4 a cup). I use splenda when baking, because the consumer version has the interesting and useful tendency to dissolve into nothing when you add water. When I tried this with the xylitol in my recipe, I couldn’t get it to desolve completely, which left a grittiness in the texture due to the crystals kind of like a sugar cookie.

I also found that mixing the oil in first before the water works very well for finer control of consistency - I keep adding small amounts of water and mixing until I reach the desired consistency.

Most of the time I grease a pyrex dish and bake in the oven at around 400F for about 25-40 minutes, or when the top of the soylent is dry. If you’re making cookies (a bit messy, since I find the mix is stickier than normal dough due to low starch content), you’ll definitely have less bake time, though cooking time in general will vary based upon the amount of water and the size of dish/cookies you’re making.

Bon Apetit!
[1]: http://discourse.soylent.me/t/recipe-for-soylent-green/11366/
[2]: http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/kosher-lowcarb-baked-soylent-for-weight-loss

Thats a very very good start for what I have in mind. thanks a bunch.

Here is why I am asking. I want to make a chocolate chip cookie for a supplement to the official soylent. I would like to cut the daily amount of official soylent by about a 1/3 a day and supplement the rest with the cookies as a snack to curb hunger pangs. I want to use cricket flour, applesauce, and avocados in the recipe. SO I would love to have a recipe that allows me to just substitute those things in for like regular flour, eggs, butter, sweetener.

I made peanut butter cookies with beta Soylent. they were very light and yummy. I think before sharing it there is some tweaking. Once I have my regular shipments of Soylent 1.0 the test kitchen will be up and running. I had my eye on Chocolate chip next as it is one of my favorites. Also thinking about muffins, brownies, and maybe noodles to go with my roasted tomato garlic Sunday dinner. Soylent pasta anyone?

Currently, I add applesauce to my soylent when I’m baking something sweet - just finished eating a batch of chocolate coconut soylent yesterday that used unsweetened applesauce as the main liquid ingredient. It’s a great (and cheap!) way of adding healthy carbs and all sorts of good things to the base without adding too many calories.

Poo on pasta, I want those cookies! I love good peanutbutter cookies. :smiley:

Where do you find cricket flour?

Well, the cheapest way is to raise your own. They are cheap and easy to raise. I am also looking into mealworm flower. I am going to start with crickets though. But apparently mealworms are even easier to raise and you can change their flavor by feeding them fruit scraps. But there are places you can buy the flour online Girl meets bug is a good resource for links. I have read her book she just released and it was excellent. I also have talked to her via email with some questions I had. There are several places to buy online. This place Chapul plans on selling their flour soon. It loaded with protein and good fats.

This is fascinating, but is really doubling down on my own psychological “ick” factor. It’s … an interesting combination to find something toward which I have both a strong curiosity and an innate revulsion.

So what I’m saying is it’s kind of like /b/. :stuck_out_tongue:

From all sources I could find it is said the cricket flour is flavorless. lol