Has anyone played with something like Vega?

I have been talking to friends about the whole DIY soylent thing, and had a friend turn me onto VegaOne. Two scoops claim to have most of the daily value of vitamins and nutrients, plus it has whole-food items like lentils, kale; with photo-nutrients, probiotics, antioxidants, etc. – things that we might not be able to prove or disprove the value of yet.

Has anyone tried using something like it, or Raw Meal in a recipe yet?

Vega: http://smile.amazon.com/Vega-Nutritional-Shake-Natural-Ounce/dp/B0079BZCVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399531381&sr=8-1&keywords=vega+one+nutritional+shake+natural+30.4+ounce

Raw Meal: http://smile.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Raw-Meal-lbs/dp/B0031JK95S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399584536&sr=8-2&keywords="Raw+Meal"+from+Garden+of+life

VegaOne - It doesn’t look like it would work as an all day meal replacement to me, that’s one of the main things that appeal to me about Soylent, I can get my nutrition, and not have to worry all the time about being hungry or hunting and gathering for food.

Haven’t used either.

@NoFlames - I don’t think I’d use it as a substitute for soylent. It definitely doesn’t have enough calories. But I thought that maybe adding it to a soylent mixture might allow for something that has much of the vitamin and mineral requirements – without buying a bunch of additional supplements.

I was wondering the same thing and plan on using them together myself, maybe a blender mix with frozen banana and vanilla chai Vega and Soylent. Be careful on too much iron and vitamin A.

@keiphyn Ok that makes more sense. I’m hoping Soylent is enough, but I am somewhat skeptical myself of cutting all living organic matter out of my diet so will be paying attention to what my body and mind are telling me as I use it and may then look for supplementation as needed.

Soylent is a non-bulshit Vega. (Vega is pricey, “fashionable,” and "organic) Brenden brazier is targeting a completely different market. It completely misses the point of soylent(for the most part)

It isn’t clear to me what the left hand column shakes are. Are they “Buy these other products to make a shake?”.
From looking at the label though, in terms of RDA it is WAY better than the Mega Men Sport which is commonly used in DIY. Two scoops though for 100% RDA for most things makes it way more costly per day since you would only get 12 days from one bottle. So $4.66/day. Yikes!