Heavy Metal Content

I know this topic has been discussed many times, but we should always strive for better when possible. While Soylent is safely well below the FDA’s level of heavy metal content, and I see that many if not most foods contain some level of heavy metals, I would like to ask if it’s possible perhaps, maybe in the future, to add a chelation filter at some point in the process, likely for the soy, to even further remove any metals. I think this would be an awesome breakthrough statement on your product to say that it is one of the few consumables truly free of heavy metal content.

Plants should have much less heavy metal than animal product (due to the enrichment via food chain), so I wouldn’t really worry about that. Also, calcium, iron, magnesium, etc. are all metals, and you probably still want them in your diet.

Thanks for your reply. As far as vitamins and minerals go, they are added separately, so I wouldn’t worry too much about chelation filtering out minerals since they are added after.