Hot crackers, it’s 1.8

I can’t really come up with a good reason to criticize the increased use of corn and canola… I suppose ubiquitous foodstuffs fits with the name “soylent”.

Perhaps the reduced cost will be reflected in the product price someday…

But after the techno gee-whiz factor of things like isomaltulose and algal grown macronutrients, it just seems rather anticlimactic…

Yeah, especially for Canadians.[quote=“GregH, post:41, topic:27068”]
But after the techno gee-whiz factor of things like isomaltulose and algal grown macronutrients, it just seems rather anticlimactic…
[/quote]

I’m kinda bummed about this, too. Now it will feel less like I’m drinking the future. Also:

Soylent: Drink The _Future_™

Ok, time for a taste test… My sub hit on the 15th and my 1.8 just arrived.

It looks similar to 1.7 and mixes fairly well.

Tastes like… CORN!

ok, just kidding…

It tasted ok, not radically different… I’ll try again once it has chilled as that’s usually how I consume it.

Mine should be here tomorrow. Order one box in case the “horror farts” come back.

@Conor sorry OCD but release notes say march 2016 instead of 2017 on pages 2 and 3 of the pdf :smirk:

Why can’t they make two powder formulas at once? When upgrading to something new, let the orders decide which is better, then replace the weaker of the two with the next formula?

Because they’ve already done this. They don’t randomly release new formulas. They beta test the tastes.

@Conor said (quite a while ago) that for every new version released, many proposed versions did not pass muster.

Canola is a flower, and another marketing name for rapeseed oil. It stands for CANada Oil Low Acid. You can imagine why they would want to re-brand it in the age of triggering.

It’s not corn. I used to make that mistake too.