How do you store your Olive Oil

I am running low on my first container of Olive Oil and I will be ordering my next bigger container soon.
The bigger container is a gallon jug of the stuff. Bulk is cheaper.

I know that Olive Oil can go rancid if not stored properly. From what I was reading the optimum temp for olive oil is 57 degrees. You should not store olive oil over 70 degrees for extended periods of time as it can go rancid. Or at least that is what I have read.
I am kind of a cheap skate and I keep my house around 74 - 76 degrees all the time in the summer, so I am now concerned that my olive oil will go bad before I have a chance to consume it. Based on my current formula a gallon jug will last 84 days.

Has anyone tried storing their olive oil in the refrigerator? From what I have been reading it doesn’t have any adverse side effects to the nutritional component, but it can affect taste and consistency. I am thinking of storing the gallon container in the refrigerator and just filling an olive oil dispenser bottle every 2 weeks.

That one would last me 16’ish days. So I would pull out the olive oil the night before and let it return to it’s oily consistency, refill the dispenser and call it good for a couple of weeks.

Do you have any other suggestions?

I’ve never had problems with olive oil when I’ve put it in the fridge. It tastes fine. It does freeze, so you’ll have to give it time to melt when you want to use it. Maybe you could keep most of the olive oil in the fridge, and then have a smaller container that remains at room temperature and you regularly refill to make your soylent each day.

Thanks for that. I think that will be the direction that I go. I’ll just refill that little 8 oz bottle every week or two from the gallon jug in the refrigerator.

I bought a big jug of olive oil from Costco and kept it in a cabinet in a hot climate for months, and it never went bad.

The issue with Olive Oil is you don’t know when it goes bad. The taste doesn’t change, but it does become carcinogenic. Hence my trepidation about storing a gallon of the stuff for an extended amount of time.