How long did it take for your body to get adjusted to Soylent?

For folks that use Soylent daily, or even almost daily, how long did it take for your body to get adjusted to it? And how much were you drinking per day? I just started on 1.3 a few days ago and I’m in the “break in” period. I’m more aware of food moving through me, and there’s more gas than normal. But not as much gas as I had on 1.0 & 1.1. I tried those for about 3 weeks and could never get adjusted.

For me it was a few days to maybe a week, went to about 60% pretty much immediately and now I bounce around between 50% and 80%, usually depending most on if we go out to eat or not. For the first few days I definitely felt a little strange… I noticed that I didn’t get “hungry” the same way anymore. It was more a sense of “needing fuel” than “I’m hungry”. Though interestingly, I think my system adapted to it because after a few weeks I realized that I would now feel “hungry” again just like always, except that now I would desire Soylent most of the time.

As for gas, my body reached a standoff in a week or two, but it wasn’t until 1.3 that I would say the battle of the noxious fumes was finally won.

On Soylent 1.0, I don’t know that my body ever fully adjusted. It felt like weeks and it was still not always comfortable. I ran out of 1.0 (and I never had 1.1 or 1.2) because of the shipping delay in January, and I had no adjustment period with 1.3 (but I started and stayed at 50-75% per day; I haven’t tried anything more yet).

1-2 weeks. I found out I needed to add psyllium husk for a while to help my body adjust.

I’m on my second full month of Soylent. I don’t think I had to do much adjusting to speak of, though I did break in gradually, as is often recommended. I started with a week’s worth, which took me about two weeks to consume, then I got two weeks’ worth, which took about two weeks, and then went to full months, though there were delays in shipping between batches.I went from 1.1 to 1.2 and am on my second month with 1.3.

No adjustment at all. May as well have been eating anything else I may eat on a regular basis.

My first month I used Soylent for ~60% of my meals. I had pretty bad acid reflux the first few days, then I just made sure I didn’t drink any Soylent for a few hours before I went to bed and it went away. I had the Zyklon B gas problems for about the first 3 weeks. I’ve been using Soylent for ~95% of my meals for a week or so now and don’t have any issues.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences, interesting stuff.

@gibsonr70, for those first three weeks of “Zyklon B”, was that 1.3, or an earlier version?

@Zenman That was on 1.3.

Sounds like I might have a long haul ahead of me. Though I must say 1.3 is definitely showing more promise than 1.0/1.1 did for me.

I endured frequent copious gas for over 3 months and then gave up. The issue went away when I switched to a different product.

I’ve been on 1.2 for 3 or 4 months (just 2 meals a day) and i’m starting 1.3 right now. No end to the gas for 1.2. Hopefully 1.3 is better, but it doesn’t taste as good.

@50% Soylent it took my body less than a week to get used to it (i.e. still being hungry after consuming a Soylent meal). As for the gas problem a lot of people complain about…that took a little longer. I would say around two weeks before the gas issue subsided. It’s hard to say exactly how long because after the first week I started taking gas-x and that helped. I started on 1.0 and I’m now on 1.3.

It took me a couple of days to get the portioning right, because I don’t need a much as the average person. My small frame and my sedentary lifestyle (thanks to my desk job), I suppose, but it was just a couple of days and then I’d adjusted just fine,.