How to start Soylent in Australia?

I’ve been incredibly interested in Soylent for some time now, but since I live in Australia I’m unable to partake in the program and purchase ready-made servings for home use. I feel that my best option is to wait until the Soylet Corporation starts selling internationally (as by then I will have conducted further research and more people will have given their opinions on the product) but I am still curious about doing DIY Soylent at this stage.

Is anyone here Australian and partaking in Soylent? How has your progress been, and how have you been sourcing your materials?

Thank you.

Good place to start :wink:

Like Ado I’m still waiting on some supplies but I managed to source my entire ingredients list from a combination of bulknutrients.com.au iherb.com and aussiehealthproducts.com.au.

If you take a look at this thread you can access a small app another Australian user came up with that is a great start.

I would be interested in retailing Soylent in Australia online. This may not be a solution for those wishing to DIY a recipe, but it would increase convenience for the general public.

Would shorter local shipping times and local customer service be an incentive to purchase?

Hey … ive created my own Vegan Soylent mix. And purchased the majority of the goods from bulknutrients and iherb … and the rest ive picked up from Coles / Woolworths.

http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/vegan-mix-higher-protein-carbs-cals

Thats the recipe ! Been on it for quite some time now and think its great. You can chop and change the quantities of whats in the recipe to suit your own needs, it will also bring the cost down as well. All my macro’s are really high because i do a lot of exercise everyday is all.

If you didnt want the recipe to be vegan, you can substitute the vital greens for the optiwomen multivitamins. But yeah, thats your call as well!

Cheers.

I made this up today:
http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/coconut-oats
I have lots of WPI and coconut oil already so I’m really just waiting for potassium in the mail…
I normally do low carb… but I can’t really imagine drinking such large amounts of oil so this is what I cam up with… I imagine I’ll mix up the details over time.

can someone please retail this in Australia!

Hey there, not sure anyone will see this given the conversation is a bit old now, but I’m a producer with SBS and we’re putting together a short story on Soylent and its Australian user base, and I was wondering if you’d be willing to talk to me about your recipe and how long or if you’re still on it.

If you have any time or interest please give me a shout at Nick.McDougall@sbs.com.au, thanks so much

You can check Powdered Foods Marketplace, some of producers ship to Australia.

But if you find a local producer ( @aussiesoylent?) - we can list his products like we did for Europeans.

@aussiesoylent i don’t know how to PM you on this thing - but i’m keen
please contact me on twitter @ravinator

@ravinator - you can click the name of @aussiesoylent and you will see Private Message button.

Hey buddy,
Hell keen to try out your chow.
Email me here: theblackmedea@gmail.com
I cant figure the PM thing on this.

I am absolutely busting to get the official Soylent here in Australia! Don’t these people want to make money?

Of course I can buy the ingredients from iHerb and Chemist Warehouse and mix it myself, but Soylent is supposed to be about convenience, so I don’t want to have a room in my house that looks like a drug lab. I just want to be able to bring the Soylent 2.0 bottles to work, drink it for lunch, and then throw it out. For most nine-to-fivers, a US$2.50 bottle of Soylent 2.0 for lunch is much more economic compared to a AU$15 meal at a restaurant. You can even bring a whole box of Soylent to work one day and drink it one by one. However, bringing powder in a shaker bottle is completely impractical. You can imagine the mess involved in preparing it.

We had been hearing that Europe was next, but in the AMA the other day, Rob said that the regulations for food products were ending up being way more complicated than they had originally expected.

I wonder what the regulations are like for food products in Australia? It might be a good place to look at next if they aren’t bad.

Also, Asian countries, depending on complications, since more than half of the world population lives there.