I’m back after a year, what’s new?

Well, I got back into old habits. Lots of amazing foods, large portions of alcohol, no exercise. All the way back to square one. Working full time, school full time, bought a house.

2 Likes

Cacao powder is here and the texture is great, being considered 1.9. Original powder is still on 1.8, texture not quite as smooth. Conor has said there’s several new flavors coming, the confirmed one being strawberry.

Welcome back!

3 Likes

You can buy some Soylent at WalMart, that’s new. Soylent is essentially banned from Canada, that’s new – the company is working hard to create a reformulated Soylent that meets Canada’s irrational requirements, which of course takes time.

But j8 indicated the most exciting changes: the great new Cacao powder and the coming new flavors of powdered Soylent.

3 Likes

Aww, I live near 4 Walmarts and none of them sell soyletn :frowning: I guess the walmarts in iowa suck haha! I have heard that Seven Eleven gas stations (select areas ) also sell soylent! I saw the bottle 2.0 soylent in original, cocoa, chai, coffiest, and vanilla cafe in 3 Hyvee stores! Soylent is spreading to more shopping outlets! Super stoked to see Soylent continue to progress <3

Canadian here and boy am I glad I’ve been making my own complete nutrition mix since before Soylent was available. I read the threads on that issue and the reason for the ban is ridiculous.

In more positive news, I mentioned Soylent to a popular Twitch.tv streamer a couple years ago and now I see her and a few others with Soylent referral links in their stream description. I guess hardcore gamers have enough practical need for something like Soylent to ignore the usual nonsense you hear about it.

BTW, back after 4.5 years. Good to see Soylent getting out to many more people, and wondering what happened to those Soylent bars I saw at one point.

2 Likes

We are working hard to return to Canada! Thanks for pushing to word out to twitch streamers.

1 Like

They were too beautiful for this world. :sob:

3 Likes

I hope they come back. The packaged drink form is very convenient, but a bar form would be even more so.

I’ve been experimenting with my own dry bars. I made a small square and it worked out pretty well. Next I’m going to try a full day’s batch. If that works out I won’t have to worry about mixing and drinking at the office. I can just pull a dry bar out of my bag and eat it with some water.

2 Likes

Man… I keep hearing about hte soylent bars, but didn’t know about them when they were available… I hope they come out with the bars <3 would be amazing for traveling! (I do love the 2.0 bottles and the powder though.)

1 Like