If 1.6 never existed, what would be the selling points of 1.7?

As in the press release. Sure we know the big news about 1.7 is the removal of a certain oil, but what would be the highlight of of 1.7 bs 1.5?

“Hey we improved the mouth feel, reduced the sweetness slightly, and resisted an over powering urge to make it taste like ass.”

That is my guess.

The ease of mixing and texture is a huge improvement over 1.5.

Then 1.7 would be called 1.6. Mind blown.

Even before issues with ingredients multiple versions are pre planned. A lot of changes recently have centered around consistency and mouth feel.

Hint at what’s next for Powder? Since flavors are delayed how about bulk?

For me, 1.7 is hugely better than 1.5. Every version before 1.6 gave me “horror farts”. 1.6 and 1.7 don’t. That takes me from 0% for pre 1.6 and 100% for 1.6 and 1.7.

Lmao@horrorfarts

Ive never been gassy at all from Soylent, not even during the fiber adjustment time.

I have had the horror farts on 1.5, they disappeared on 1.6, then continued again when I switched over to Joylent.

Gosh I only remember farts from like 1.1 - 1.3 (I’m pretty sure I never had 1.4) but it’s been so long without them I dunno.

Well the biggest change going from 1.5 to 1.6 was probably the change of protein source? Do you see the difference between 1.5 -> 1.6 all that much different than the change from 1.5 -> 1.7?

This is an odd question. Unless you’re saying 1.7 is just like 1.5, if 1.6 never existed the selling points of 1.7 would be the selling points of 1.6.

I think OP was making two points:

1. 1.6 tastes like ass.
  2. 1.7 is not an exciting improvement from 1.5. I disagree with this, as the mixing is much easier and texture greatly improved. Also, less oat taste.

I miss the oat taste. I think about that all the time. It made me feel like what I was consuming was food, and also that the food was healthy.

And I don’t think 1.6 tasted like ass, just not as inoffensive as before.

It would appeal to masochists.