If I want to go 90 to 100 percent Soylent 2.0. How many bottles per month do I need?

If I want to go 100 percent Soylent 2.0. How many bottles per month do I need?

I’m 30 years old. A bit overweight at 230 lbs. I’m about 5’'10 … I’m trying to figure out costs per month if I were to go all into Soylent 2.0 … My goal is to become healthier overall and loose weight. I’d like to loose about 80 lbs. There is no time frame other than becoming healthier. Also, I am moderately active. I don’t drive so, I used the port authority to go most places and half the time I’m walking several miles a day in between bus stops / zone 1 / zone 2, etc.

If 1 bottle of Soylent 2.0 is 400 calories… How many calories do I need per day if I want to loose weight?

I also drink a lot of water. I buy about 5x cases of water per month. I’m just trying to figure out my Soylent costs. On another note, I’d probably throw Salmon and Pomegranite Juice in the mix of things in between Soylent. I’m trying to keep my costs down, but I do understand the need for becoming healthy.

I’m looking at the page where I can subscribe to Soylent 2.0… How many bottles per month do I need?

Sound like a standard 2000 calories a day would let you lose weight. Maybe a little more if your walking that much. Which is 5 bottles or 1 bag of the powder per day, with maybe some extra juice or something. But you can look at the calculator here to get a better estimate.
https://diy.soylent.com/nutrient-profiles/calculator

The powder is cheaper if your looking to save money, though you need to mix it yourself and it’s more gritty (i personally don’t mind). You could also mix and match. Take a bottle to work and powered for home.

https://diy.soylent.com/nutrient-profiles/calculator

if youre not already consuming some soylent before you decided to go 90-100 percent just try it for a week to see if you can even do it, i keep telling myself im gonna go 100 and still just end up lasting a day or two then just do soylent for breakfast

Hey, thanks for the responses and helpful information. I knew I forgot to mention something in my opening post. I do have experience with Soylent 1.0, 1.4, and 1.5 powder, in the last 2 years. I’ve really enjoyed my experiences with it. Just last month, I bought a single order of 12 bottles of Soylent 2.0 just to test the water. Its really, really good. :slight_smile:

So start a 140 bottle subscription. If you don’t like going 100% you can modify it whenever you want.

I wish I could get my wife on board to go 100% Soylent. She is the only reason I still eat analog food.

You can subscribe 50/50 to a month of powder and liquid. Stop whichever one you don’t want, or even just lower it (to 7 bags or 12 bottles) a month because chances are youll like both and find exclusive uses for each one. I mostly use liquid but powder is great if youre backpacking. 10lbs of weight is a week of food.

There’s no penalty for having multiple subscriptions and the online subscription portal is fairly flexible if you find you need to move the shipping date around or change the quantity.

I’d start with 48-72 bottles and start working it into your diet… If you’re happy going 90%+ add another sub when you get down to 3-4 days worth. Then you can go online to tweak the amounts and timing of the two subscriptions until you find a pattern that works for you.

I’ve decided I’m going to go with the Soylent 2.0 bottles. Yeah, I think I’m going to go about the 75 percent route. If I like it, I’ll go 100 percent, if not I’ll cut back to 50 percent. I’ve been thinking about it all last month, waiting for June to come so I can make my first order. I was able to use a Soylent discount to take a few dollars off my first order total. I’ll test drive this for a few months consistently and we’ll see how it goes. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for the input and information. Great community.