Inconsistent Soylent

I recently canceled my subscription to Soylent as I had received, what I believe to be, a bad batch. I noticed right away that the Soylent in the bag was looser, less “moist” than my previous order (think wet sand compared to dry sand). Upon mixing it, it didn’t thicken like it had before (even spilling when I shook the bottle). It also had a terrible aftertaste with a saltier base. The bag had bolder looking font as well and displayed an expiration date of 2/2017 instead of 2/2016.

Something was seriously off about these bags. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I went through my supply and found a few bags that expired in 2016, made it alongside a bag that expired in 2017 and had proven to myself that the flavor/consistency difference wasn’t just in my head.

I would love to resolve this as I had ordered 2 months worth (though I’ve been given a full refund), but was only able to use about 2 weeks worth. It’d be a shame to toss it all out if it’s as simple as just one ingredient missing.

Thanks

Always a good idea to check other threads. Don’t dread the threads!

Inconsistency Between Batches

Quality control/difference between batches in v1.4/very sweet to very salty

(Also, the expiration date is of no consequence. Next to the expiration date is a batch number; will you post the different batch numbers here?

(Off topic, but reply as new topic isn’t showing up for some reason)
Someone should make a bot that automatically checks if there is a thread already there and replies with links to those threads.

Ahh, sorry about that. I went into this thinking my situation was unique, but appears to have already been addressed. Thanks for your help.

Actually, there’s something like that already - a little yellow box should show up when creating a post, with suggestions of similar posts.

But… it’s not perfect, so it’s always nice to have the support of Viewers Like You™! :smiley:

Really? It doesn’t show on mobile (my main method of access). Then again, neither does reply as new topic.

Can you post pictures of both the bad and good batch bags? I think it’s odd that the packaging is as different as its contents.

Yeah, makes me want to ask if all packages were obtained directly from here, or through a reseller.

It used to, but upon actually trying it just now, that seems to no longer come up.

@codinghorror, did we lose this feature?

@horsfield, @uueerdo, for more visibility, I’d suggest making a post in one of the two topics listed earlier (quoting this one if need be), at the top of this conversation – this topic will be closing as a duplicate discussion at the end of the day.

Anytime you have an issue email us at info@soylent.me. We want to be able to react quickly to any potential issues with the production. The expiration date is a result of us being conservative. It does not reflect a change in ingredients.

The “your topic may be similar to…” doesn’t happen on mobile, unfortunately!

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.