Ingredients derived from allergenic sources?

I think the idea of Soylent is great. But one of my concerns is food allergies. Even if you think you’re getting “pure” ingredients, that very likely not what you’re getting, because the FDA is pretty lax about the legal definitions for some food sources, so the just don’t have to be labeled.

I’m allergic to soy, so many sources of “protein” are off-limits for me. My wife has celiac disease and can’t have gluten, and she seems to be sensitive to the variety of gluten protein found in oats too. Even worse, she’s allergic to corn (unusual in the general population, much more common among those who also have sensitivity to wheat), which makes many food extracts a minefield. Many common ingredients like maltodextrin, xanthan gum, cellulose, fructose, and even citric acid are typically derived from corn and very poorly refined, leaving a lot of corn protein intact in the additive. (Oh, and some people object to corn on the grounds that basically all of it is GMO.)

What attention have the developers of Soylent given to the issue of food allergies and ensuring that Soylent is hypoallergenic? I’d love to buy it, but only if it’s safe for me and my family.

@theosib, i know its an old post, but it made me curious. If you happen to read this message…does the allergy to corn also apply to corn oil?