Inositol in soylent?

I read that it is recommanded to take inositol and choline in equal amounts. Is inositol added to soylent ?

Do you have a source?

I’m noticing that a lot of Multivitamins carry Inositol. I’m not sure what its purpose is; the wikipedia article on it shows that it is naturally occurring in many foods and in many different forms, but does not mention specifically what the body uses it for. Can anyone else help here?

“Inositol is used for diabetic nerve pain, panic disorder, high cholesterol, insomnia, cancer, depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism, promoting hair growth, a skin disorder called psoriasis, and treating side effects of medical treatment with lithium.”

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-299-inositol.aspx?activeIngredientId=299&activeIngredientName=inositol

http://www.brainphysics.com/articles/mental-health/choline-and-inositol - it seems inositol and choline may be used to make neurotransmitters.

An interesting note about choline, a number of people seem to be very sensitive to choline supplementation, it negatively affects their moods. Quite a bit about this on the longecity boards (do a search there for choline and it will pop up).

Note that this is (I think) purely anecdotal (I haven’t looked for studies yet, I would be surprised if there were any / many as its a not very widely known effect). No idea how this affects anyones soylent though, best to stick with the rda unless you are mood sensitive, in which case some experimentation with choline levels might be interesting. (moderating choline levels in soylent will be a test I will do on myself when mine is up and running, one of the advantages of soylent is that such things can be very easily looked at :))

Inositol, I dabbled with it (in fairly high doses) for my OCD a few years back and it didn’t make any noticeable difference for me at the time. Given that it seems to be involved in neurotransmitter production however it seems like a good idea to include some / look into it more.