introducing new comparison tool for soylent alternatives http://www.blendrunner.com/
Update #1 (Feb 18 2015)
- added KetoChow, Veetal, SoylentLife. Also added Purelent, which was temporarily removed later as currently it seems obvious it’s a copy of Solvio.
Update #2 (Mar 16 2015)
- now featuring ~40 products from ~20 producers
- added basic sorting
- added information on Fibre content
Update #3 (Mar 29 2015)
- as per axcho’s request, removed People Fuel series, Clean Fuel series, Phil Fuel and Shmoylent Clean
- added axcho’s Schmilk, Keto Fuel, Athlete Fuel and Light Fuel
- added Jake Light, Jake Original and Jake Sports
Based on the success of our “Soylent alternatives around the world” articles and the popular “what distro should I pick” question, we came to a conclusion that we need a nice, comprehensive tool to compare all the different soylent alternatives in the world.
After some weeks of research and coding we decided to present you BlendRunner, which will help you compare all the important nutrition (and other) facts about different powder (and solid) foods based on soylent.
BlendRunner is still in beta, still work in progress and we are open to any comments, ideas, improvements. It’s also quite possible that some of the information on the distros is incorrect or missing - please, feel free inform us.
Functionality should be quite easy to understand but we are no user interface experts so if you stumble around, do tell us about it.
Disclaimer: BlendRunner is optimized only for PC for the time being. It’s very possible that it works somewhat OK on mobile as well, but full mobile compatibility is currently only on the roadmap.
We have quite a lot of features in mind and we would like to get your opinion on them, so here’s a (definitely not complete) list of them (sorted roughly by our priority):
- make the distros sortable - by price, energy, shipping… at least the numeric values for now
- make categorized lists - defined by us and defined by BlendRunner users too - “Distros in Europe”, “Keto distros” etc.
- add more information for each distro - ingredient list, allergens, tags (e.g. vegan…)
- add more distros and also variants for each distros (we have yet to find a good way of presenting variants - any thoughts?)
- make it easier to skip to specified distro
- distro (column) highlighting
- make columns collapsible
- create detailed “single product” views for every distro - graphs, position among other distros, photos…
- optimize the code and therefore page loading speed
- maybe enable user ratings for individual distros
- add more exact shipping prices for various locations
- create logo, favicon and all the graphic stuff - we should have some identity
So what do you think, friends in powder?