Is it OK to un-refrigerate then re-refrigerate Soylent 2.0?

I have a ton of Soylent 2.0 in the fridge but we need the space for Thanksgiving stuff. Is it OK to take it our of the refrigerator (it’s all unopened) and then put it back in at a later date?

If it hasn’t been opened, then yeah, there is nothing to worry about. This is valid for any product that is sold unrefrigerated.

I agree with Panier.

It’s when you open one, and microbes float in from the air, that spoilage can begin. But if they haven’t been opened, then they’re fine, in or out of the fridge.

Although some of the really slow chemical breakdown that happens over time will happen more slowly in the fridge, that has more to do with subtle losses of flavor or micronutrients over the course of a year or two. You’re perfectly safe from the microbe-based “going bad” that happens when an open container is out of the fridge for a day or two.

Well, I’ve heard that it shouldn’t be done with Red Stripe beer, but that’s trivia for a different conversation…

common myth. Think about all the temp fluctuation that occurs from when the product leaves the warehouse until it ends up in the store. No issues with temp changes (outside of repeated dramatic temp shifts).

I really hope it’s okay I had 13 bottles in my fridge but my fridge died and I had to remove them. They are now room temperature but I want to chill them again and consume them.