Is it safe to eat 1 full day of Soylent + normal meals of hard food?

In order to get all of the calories I need in a day after exercise (~3000), I have been eating about 2 extra full meals of normal foods that are largely starch based. Is this safe? it seems like I might be hitting the upper limit on a lot of these micro-nutrients after consuming a full 2000 calorie bag of Soylent, but I’m not sure.

I generally eat Soylent all throughout the day and then some brown rice with vegetables, supplemented with some type of protein like steak or chicken for dinner. Then I eat some sourdough bread with peanut butter and raisins. I’m generally walking around 10+ miles a day and also running several miles for exercise afterward, so this amount of calories definitely feels necessary.

Anybody else doing this? I know the bioavailbility of these micronutrients from normal foods makes it so you really don’t absorb as much as the raw vitamin form from Soylent, but I’ve just wanted to make sure this is a healthy routine for the long term.

Perfectly safe… And the same result as if you ate 3000 calories of traditional food. Either way, you get more nutrients than if you ate 2000 calories.

thanks Nomad, I’ve been excessively worrying about vitamins lately. probably should stop reading Livestrong for a while

The vitamins and other nutrients are determined based on the calories of the food you eat. Normally, this is displayed as a 2,000 calorie diet It does not matter if your on a 1200 calorie diet, or a 3000 calorie diet. The more/less calories your diet is equally proportional to the calories in Soylent.

In other words…If you are on a 3,000 calorie diet (which 50% more then the 2,000 calorie diet), naturally your body needs 50% more vitamins and nutrients as it processes those calories. This is one great thing about Soylent meeting the needs at 100%. If you were to drink other products that provide a very high % over the daily value…like 190% or something, then consuming more then the 2,000 calorie recommendation can lead to excessively high levels of those nutrients.