It’s not sexy, but liquid food will change EVERYTHING. Here’s why

This blogger is very optimistic about the future of liquid food: both the concept and the company.

Wow, he really expounds upon a lot of the advantages of Soylent that I have seen discussed in multiple different places.

This would be a good page to read for anyone on the fence about trying Soylent.

– it’s much harder for people with food allergies to achieve the perfect trifecta, while Soylent is vegan, lactose-free, nut-free, and gluten-free.

Correction, Soylent is not gluten-free.

An easy mistake to make; According to Rob, an older version was gluten-free.

Also, info from the FAQ section on gluten levels in Soylent, for anyone interested.

Yeah, I think it is hard to find any article on Soylent not containing at least one error. The story in The Telegraph talked about RL’s past “two month delay”, which we know was much longer. And it also misleads (not on purpose) because it mentions Rob eating three Soylent meals a day, but then states the cost at $2.25/meal, which is a four-meal breakdown.

That’s just a reflection on the media. A lot of Soylent stories piggy-back on one another. The fact that this blogger confuses Soylent as gluten free is understandable, at least. An earlier version was, this version isn’t only because of cross-contamination, and RL is trying to address this in future versions to be.

Right, it’s not gluten-free, but the gluten levels are barely above the level to be certified ‘gluten-free.’ There’s no direct gluten source in the formula, but the oat sources they use come from farms are not 100% free of accidental wheat.

People need to be aware of their level of sensitivity and whether or not the slight traces amounts in Soylent matter - for many people with a minor gluten problem, and for all of the people simply choosing not to consume gluten, Soylent is effectively gluten-free, but for the few people with a severe sensitivity, it may be a problem.

Looks like he fixed it in the article…

Soylent is vegan, lactose-free, nut-free, and gluten-free (though there is a chance of gluten cross-contamination at the factory it’s currently made in).

This type of fox? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes I suppose I am a bit! Do you have any other thoughts/opinions on my article Ric?