It's official, Cacao powder is here :)

The first flavored powder is out now:

5 Likes

Nintendo-64-crazy-christmas-gif

4 Likes

Can’t see the price point as I’m in Canada. What’s the pricing relative to the plain powder?

2 Likes

On a subscription:
Original = $54 monthly
Cacao = $60.80 monthly

6 Likes

Well that’s nice. Is it too soon to start asking about the new liquid flavor?

(More seriously, I didn’t care for plain 1.9, but I really like the price point. I might get a few pouches of this to see how it tastes.)

1 Like

Ships to Canada?

~le sigh~

2 Likes

I’m curious to know how it compares to RTD. I don’t care for cacao myself and am so completely spoiled by the simplicity of RTD that I couldn’t go back to powder at this point. Still, I’d love to see them able to replicate the texture of RTD in a powder.

Also bummed the announcement wasn’t of a vanilla Soylent but… I hold out hope.

1 Like

I can’t wait to try it, I have been drinking Huel since October so my subscription has bee on hold. Just reactivated it with some Cocao! I hope it comes soon.

1 Like

Hey Conor, an estimate on when we can expect 1.9 Original?

1 Like

Moved almost exclusively to 2.0 in the last year or so but will at least try the new powder. Anyone have a better coupon code than CHARMED15 (15 percent off)?

2 Likes

Does this get rid of the grit found in the latest original powder?

2 Likes

I don’t like the Cacao 2.0 either.

Odd thing is that I like chocolate and flavor my Soylent with chocolate protein powder. Or sometimes I use Hershey’s Cocoa Powder.

Wonder if there are others that feel the same way about Cacao.

1 Like

I didn’t like it at first, but it grew on me. There’s a small dairy here that has chocolate milk that I’ve never cared for, so I’ve stayed clear of it. When I first tried Cacao I recognized the flavor immediately as the same as that dairy, so I didn’t expect I’d care for it either. Time allowed me to get used to it though, and the strangeness of the chocolate flavor is now normal to me.

1 Like

Interesting. Maybe I need to give it another chance at some point.

1 Like

I also had a bit of a ‘hmmm not sure I like this’, when I first tried the Cacao flavor, but it’s grown on me somewhat (mostly I have the powder, but my wife has the RTD Cacao which I’ll drink occasionally)

I like chocolate flavor in my Original RTD and on occasion when I have Original Powder, but I wasn’t a big fan of RTD Cacao. It tastes like a watery chocolate rather than a creamy chocolate I guess which I didn’t care for. Both Original and Chair RTD come off as very creamy for me so I was surprised when RTD Cacao was not. I finished off a couple boxes but I don’t really have desire to order more. I am pretty interested in the flavor of the powder, but I’m so spoiled by the ease RTD that I’m not sure I could go back to powder anyway.

Less grit, most definitely. Super delicious. Still a hint of that synthetic taste powder’s had since 1.6, but I was looking for it, so YMMV. I was cautiously optimistic, but no caution was necessary. Amazing job, folks.

I’ve had a Cacao RTD sub for a while, but if I can quit being lazy and make it through this first box, I’m thinking I’ll make the switch.

6 Likes

Got mine on Friday and I couldn’t try it fast enough. I loved it, but I don’t think I can do it every day like the neutral profile. No grit in this one either, which was a huge plus…makes me wonder if the unflavored is also reformulated to have no grit? I will likely be adding some to my routine, just haven’t worked out how much yet.

2 Likes

That’s great news to hear they’ve improved the grit with 1.9. I hope they will make the update to the original powder soon as well.

Soon’ish. They have been testing it in the office and that means it is around the corner. But nothing this month.

9 Likes