Okay so I’m taking the plunge and making my own recipe, HAPPY CHOW!. I’m probably going to eat 1 healthy balanced muggle meal a day, and only eat 2/3 of the HAPPY CHOW! daily amount. I am starting by forking People Chow.
- target IOM/Rob’s Latest nutrition profile (which incidentally exactly matches recommended calories for me from the calculator)
- remove gnc mega men sport (i’d rather not have its fake flavors/sweeteners)
- decrease carbs, increase fat
- enormously increase protein
- probably tweak the recipe to not taste like corn
###changes I’ve made:
- removed the GNC powder
- added One-A-Day Men’s multivitamin.
- added Nature Made Super B Complex.
- bumped up protein
- bumped up oil
- bumped up salt
- I added the B Complex because my vague mostly uninformed mental model is that “more active” people need more of the water soluble nutrients used in metabolism-- is this correct?
- I’m way over on Niacin – problem?
- I’m missing Molybdenum completely – anyone have one to recommend?
- Slightly low on Selenium and Phosphorous – any recommended product here?
- Any way to get the sodium/chloride ratio to be correct?
I’m going to ignore the Omega-3 issue for now, as the topic is so complicated/uncertain. No Omega-3 discussion allowed in this thread!
Thanks for any tips and feedback!