Juicing with Soylent as an additive

I just got my first shipment. First of all, I’m very disappointed that there is artificial flavor, Xanthan gum and sucralose in the mix. Seems counter-intuitive. This hampers my enthusiasm for the “product”. Nevertheless, my question: Has anyone used this as a supplement to juicing, ie, adding it to a juiced veggie meal? I intend to…

I haven’t tried adding official Soylent to vegetable juice, but you might check out my diy, It’s 100% complete (according to the diy app), and all of the micros come from vegetables. You can get the powders at a reasonable price from TrueNutrition. I’ve been using it for months now, and I feel great. More energy and focus, fewer aches and pains. There’s nothing I’d rather eat.

Your DIY link doesn’t work.

http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/hippie-juice-original-fullflavored

Be careful with too many micros :slight_smile: that is all I have to say

My gf throws a scoop or two in the blender along with her almond milk, spinach and blueberries every morning. It makes two full glasses which she drinks throughout the day.

Thanks, Eleven.

You can always use the diy app with your recipe to check that your juice isn’t boosting nutrients too high, keeping in mind that vitamin A values need to be corrected for carotenes supplied by vegetables. I suppose using official Soylent would be like taking a multivitamin and mineral supplement in addition to juice.

I avoid juicing vegetables that are very high in oxalic acid, like spinach, chard and beets. In addition to putting you at risk for kidney stones, it’s likely that some of the minerals they supply aren’t as available.