Kosher certification

On the 2.0 website, it says

This version of Soylent uses kosher certified ingredients and manufacturers. The final product is not certified kosher.

If the ingredients/factory are certified, it shouldn’t be too hard to get the product certified? May I ask why it isn’t?

Tagging @Conor

Will Soylent ever be Kosher certified?

The process is very stringent and we have switched factories in the past.

Pretty sure it has to get blessed by a jewish “priest” or some bs as well.

What about Halal certification, which is equally important for Muslims as Kosher is for Jewish?

It appears the original version of Soylent was certified both kosher and halal:

It would be nice if someone would pray over my meals too.

I think Halal only applies to meat and alcohol. Soylent is vegan.

Halal also applies to boiled herbal products.

As long as there’s no alcohol, Vegan is automatically “Halal”.

It sure would be nice if people would refrain from blatantly obvious antisemitic remarks.

Why don’t you not read to deeply into things. I’m actually of Jewish descent. Just not religious. The “some BS” is all the other specific rules and guidelines kosher facilities have to follow that I know of, but not the exact details, because I have food safety training as well.

It was the plain meaning of what you wrote. Now you’re claiming that it’s OK because you have alleged Jewish ancestorage? I’m a rabbi and I am clearly saying it’s not OK.

Alleged as in my mother and her entire side of the family is jewish, But i’m not because I don’t believe in baseless lies. Quit trying to be offended. If there was a certification procedure for Soylent to be the blood and body of Christ I’d say it’s “some BS” as well.

Why don’t you try and not tell me what I am or am not, eh?

Also when I wrote that post originally I couldn’t remember what rabbis were.

I’m a space wizard and I say it’s allowed.

Play nice guys, I don’t like locking threads. If you want to have a convo off topic take it to PM.

Just FYI Kosher has 0 to do with being blessed. All kosher means is that the facility and ingredients have a thorough inspection to ensure the product is indeed kosher - meaning no mixing of meat with dairy, no pork, shellfish, etc, and all animal byproducts must be used from an animal that was slaughtered in a humane way.

Conor, would it be helpful if I made an intro to someone at the OU? They are the leading kosher authority and it probably wouldn’t take too much to be certified.

I would love to have Soylent kosher certified. Is there someone we can talk to in order to help make this happen?

Don’t hold your breath. RL is very proud of their scientifically-minded approach to food.