Latest shipment of Soylent 1.8 powder too sweet!

I’ve been drinking Soylent for a number of months and think it’s great (have lost 20 lbs! :slight_smile:). With the last shipment of Soylent 1.8 powder I received something has changed. For some reason it is WAY TOO SWEET! Took some for lunch and had to dump it out. :frowning: When I got home that night I mixed up another bag hoping the first was a fluke, but it was also undrinkable. Info on the bag is 504188, Exp 05/2018 132 1433.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I always add Stevia to powdered Soylent, including 1.8, so to me there is almost no such thing as too sweet.

The replacement order of Soylent 1.8 I received is back to normal!

I really hope manufacturing figured out what was going on and implemented an irreversible corrective action and we never see this issue again!

A few months ago, I got a notice from RF saying my order of 1.8 had been mixed with some milk. I hadn’t complained. I suppose that would make it taste sweeter. RF replaced my order.

Did the powder have a bit of a grainy quality even after being mixed?

I wonder if I might have had the same - it’s not quite right.

I don’t remember, sorry.

Feedback on 1.8

Thanks for posting this. I had the same surprise sweetness in my 1.8, but my bag was DM504168. So perhaps there were a few days of incorrect mixing.

I also got two boxes of super sweet soylent 1.8. I agree, it was undrinkable. I emailed them and they sent me two replacement boxes no questions asked and they were back to normal.

I got some super-sickeningly-sweet DM504168 as well. They’re sending along a replacement box, but I’m still stuck with six sacks of sickeningly sweet Soylent that I don’t know what to do with.

I commented of the issue over on Reddit and this guy that like the sweet stuff said he’d buy it.

It’s the SLURM! 20 chars

Ugh. I just got hit with one of the sickeningly sweet batches…
IM497320-06/2018 166 12:15

The last few batches (G7116PA-0418 and G7159PB-0618) were fine. Going to ask for replacement, this stuff is nauseating.

Sorry, about that. Reach out to our customer service team for a replacement. We are still investigating what happened.

Thanks @Conor, I have and they said they will send a replacement.

I am very curious to hear what may have been the problem… I don’t recall which ingredients in 1.8 provide the sweetener, I seem to recall artificial sweeteners were either gone or greatly diminished in the latest version.

Could be a lot of things, simple human error, the weight of the bag might of been off, the scales could of been off, the mixing was not properly done. Since it’s problem with a ton of variables it makes the investigation much harder. When something very specific happens we can nail down the root cause in a week. With this, there are just so many moving parts.

If one is in the business of making food products you’d hope they know what they are doing! They should be able to track exactly what’s going on via the date codes. Isn’t that what date codes are for?

You make it sound like there are a bunch of guys tossing in shovels full of various components.

It was sweet like this for a couple shipments for me. I didn’t say anything because I thought that was what 1.8 tasted like, and I really liked it. Now I have what 1.8 was meant to be and feel a little bummed out.

Ok, here’s a twist… I just got the replacement (thank you) and it’s the SAME BATCH!

But… seems to taste ok (will know for sure when it’s chilled, but no detection on the sweetness in a freshly mixed pitcher).

The font it slightly different on the date code and instead of “166 12:15” this one is “165 10:30”…

So perhaps a local mixing problem?

Just got a batch and was shocked by how sweet it was! Just submitted to customer service and am thankful I’m not just losing my mind… I’m shocked they haven’t resolved this by now…

What’s the batch number?