Let's hear the positive!

Many Topics are focused on concerns and complaints, which is needed feedback for needed changes, but I’d also like to hear sucess posts, so we can learn ways to benefit from Soylent.

For two months now I have divided a bag into six meals and the bag lasts two days. I have marked the original free container for the portions and use a HydroFlask to carry my Soylent lunch to work. I currently have a sedintary lifestyle, so a 1,000 calories keeps me more than satisfied - no need for snacking. If I’m out with friends, I eat normal. Since, I’m not consuming the full Soylent nutrients a day, I do take a multi vitamin. Going from a crazy fast food diet I have seen benefits including: weight loss, clearer thinking, energy, and elimination of inflamation.
I Love how eating normal meals has changed. I think my taste buds have come alive experiencing enhanced flavors that I now enjoy the meal, not just consume it.
Yes, these results can also happen with a proper whole food diet, but that wasn’t me - I don’t enjoy cooking. I love the no stress of no more shopping or cooking, I’m saving money, and no more garbage from food waste and packaging. I think I’m more excited about the no waste as I am about the other benefits. Until I find a source to recycle the Soylent bags, it serves as my ‘garbage bag’ since It was going into the trash anyway.
As I return to an active lifestyle, I do see adding snacks of whole protien and other healthly ‘fuels’, but keeping Soylent as the foundation.
I started with Kickstarter. I waited what seemed like an extraordinary long time for first order, my original subscription date was pushed back leaving me without for a week, and currently am wondering why I haven’t received my shipping email for this month. But, I got in knowing this is start up, I bear a responsibility for patience during the growing phase. I did temporarily switch my subscription to be for a full month’s supply, so I can always have on hand, so I won’t stress during a slow shipping months.
For me, Soylent is life changing and I thank them for their hard work, communication, and listening to consumer feedback.

I’ve commented more than enough on other threads but you asked for positive comments so here they are!

I’ve been on 1.4 since Tuesday. This is the first version I could do 100% with no gas! I’ve been on DIY for 13 months and it has made wonderful changes to my life. I’ve always had a horrible diet with very little variety. Soylent is perfect for me. I am fine eating the same thing every day. I’ve done that for 30 years.

In any case, all good stuff and so far no bad stuff.

On the whole, Soylent is just plain powdered awesome. In that respect, 1.4 is no different. Taste and texture issues, I’m confident can be addresses. Sure there may be bumps along the way, but that’s why they iterate quickly and get direct feedback from the customers.

So positives in no particular order…

• Increased muscle mass (as measured by a bio scan)
• Way more stable all-day energy even without any additional stimulants
• ZERO groggy-ness in the mornings
• Overall more stable mood
• clearer thinking in general
• My eyes adjust to light/dark much more quickly and comfortably
• reduced our shopping excursions to just 2 or 3 per month, and mostly just for stuff like Milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
• Less shopping trips means less fuel burned in the car, and less wear & tear
• We run the dishwasher half as much as we used to (or sometimes less). Which results in less water use.
• WAY more family time (we frequently eat while doing other things together now), and the time we have is of higher quality since we’re generally not grumpy about having to deal with food.
• No more stress over food if we find ourselves traveling, since we can bring it with us even on a plane.
• Reduced overall food costs is a plus, though not as big as some people since we do still eat conventional food too
• Peace of mind knowing that no matter what else, our body’s nutritional needs are really being met in full
• Faster recovery time after physical exertion
• My gal has increased her average daily steps (as tracked by her Jawbone Up) by up to 50% just because she’s up & productive so many more hours in each day

I’m sure I could come up with more if I sat here a while longer but too much sitting is a problem for me so… time to get up! :smiley:

I recycle plastic grocery bags and other soft plastics through my local grocery store after going to this site and finding out they take quite a variety of soft plastics: http://www.plasticfilmrecycling.org/wrap/wrap_home.html

I put my Soylent bags in with my other soft plastics when I drop them off. Since I’m pretty sure they qualify as “zip close food storage bags” and they are pretty clean and definitely dry, I think they do actually get recycled.

Edited to add the following details copy/pasted from above website:

Please recycle only clean, dry plastic bags and film. Remove receipts or any other items from bags.

• Examples include:
    Retail, Newspaper, Dry Cleaning, Bread, Produce, and also other Plastic Bags labeled #2 and #4
    Zip Close Food Storage bags (clean and dry)
    Furniture and Electronic wrap
    Plastic cereal box liners (if it tears like paper do not include)
    Plastic shipping envelopes, including Tyvek ®, bubble wrap and air pillows (Remove labels and/or deflate)
    Product Wrap (used on paper towels, diapers, bathroom tissue, water bottles)
    Any film packaging or bag that has the How2Recycle Label shown at right

*Not all items are accepted at all drop-off locations. Check with your local drop-off to see what is accepted.

NOT accepted at drop-off locations:
NO Degradable/compostable film or bags, pre-washed salad mix bags, or frozen food bags.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

I have thought the Soylent bags would be condidered in this catagory: “Metallic chip bags & candy wrappers that pop back to their original shape when you crumple it. (The aluminum is fused with plastic, which cannot easily be separated for recycling.)” which aren’t recyclable, unless you send to Terracycle. Will be great if we can put with the plastic bags, I’ll check it out.

Just got my 1.4 this afternoon. Mixed a batch in the blender and put a small amount in a glass. Added an ice cube and drank some. It’s GOOD. Very bland but that’s fine with me. I think the consistency may be better after sitting in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Buy even the consistency isn’t all that bad.
Now, would anyone like to purchase the 2 unopened boxes of 1.3 that I still have?

I’ll take you up on the 1.3… PM me! :slight_smile:

My favorite benefit is less stress and more mental focus for work. I came from a pretty crappy diet.