Liquid 2.0: No documentation? Water ratio?

Got mine today and yeah it tastes amazing!

But I also wanted to read through a manual. Mostly to find out about the water ratio.

The powder manual instructs the user drink almost the same volume of water in addition to Soylent (if made by adding one bag per pitcher). I’ve been mixing roughly a half bag of powder per pitcher for some time now. How much water should I refill a Soylent 2.0 bottle with to top off my hydration?

Thanks!

The difference in how much water your getting directly from the powdered vs bottled versions will be minor, so continue to drink plain water as you did before.

So you’re guessing it’s the same water content as a powder pitcher made from the instructions? Then I’ll want to drink another bottle’s worth of water.

But even so, I’m disappointed by the lack of detailed documentation.

Yep, I’m bettng is pretty close. To make 2.0 they still have to mix Soylent powder with water; the pitcher was ~66oz, compared to the bottles which are ~70oz.

I expect for the bottled version they are using liquid fats like the early versions rather than the more expensive powdered fats of the more recent versions, but the amount of water involved either way should be very close to the same.

That is impossible to answer from the information given. We don’t know how much you are sweating in a given amount of time.

Soylent 2.0 is intended to be consumed as is with no additional water. It’s up to you to meet any additional hydration needs you may have with whatever liquid you deem appropriate.

That makes sense, but where did you read this?

I thought it was clearly implied but I guess not.

Soylent 2.0 is designed from the ground-up to provide the vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates, and protein that the body needs - all in a convenient, ready-to-drink package.

my estimate is to refill 3-4 bottles with water after you drink them.

@mellored, That’s going to be very dependant on the individual. For instance, I drink 1-2 gallons of water a day in addition to my soylent, which would put me in the neighborhood of refilling 9-18 bottles a day for my added hydration.

@horsfield, He’s talking about how much water to drink in addition to his Soylent, not how much to add to make 2.0 drinkable

For me personally, I really don’t uderstand these questions in the Soylent world about how much water you need to drink. The simple answer is, drink water when you’re thirsty…when you feel like you need to.

Water, as it should be obvious, is the number one thing when need to consume to stay alive and healthy. I drink a lot of it throughout the day. Both when my mouth tells me I need to and when my brain says it’s pretty hot and dry so maybe take a swig. And I find myself pretty thirsty after drinking a bottle of 2.0. Do some of us have bodies that tell us better than others that we need to drink water? I don’t know…maybe that’s why this doesn’t make sense to me.

Our world is water. We are water. Drink water. Lot’s of it (don’t overdose on it…you can). WATER IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOYLENT. Unless that bottle of 2.0 is like 90% water, which I doubt.

I’m still wondering about the Omega 3 levels in 2.0? There’s no mention of omega 3s on the online nutrient info or release notes.

But I can totally understand why they don’t include release notes with the shipments. It would be a waste of paper including them with every case, and including them with only the first shipment to each customer is probably a logistical headache they decided to avoid.

How much water you should drink per day is a question whose answer is the same whether you consume Soylent or normal food. Soylent is food, not water. You can’t start drinking less water because you started consuming Soylent instead of normal food. Yes, Soylent has water content, but normal food has water content too! So just Google “how much water should I drink?” — there is no special knowledge the Soylent forum can give you, since the question has nothing to do with Soylent.

P.S. I found the Soylent 2.0 Release Notes, but they are pretty bare bones and don’t answer your question.

Drink water if you’re thirsty. It’s not that complicated.

It should be close to ~80%.

Typical muggle food will get you about 20% of your water, so Soylent does get you a bit further down the road, just not all the way.

Though you might be getting a bonus…

They’re just trying to keep us hydrated… right? :wink:

Better to drink more water than less… Just as I fill up my glass of 1.5 with water after drinking the Soylent, I’ve been filling up the empty 2.0 bottles with water as well. So after 400ml of 2.0 (mostly water) I’ll have another 300-600ml of water after that.

I always rinse out containers before tossing in the recycling bin anyway…

@kennufs yes it varies.

But, by the same IOM recommendations that 1.5 has, you want to drink 3 or 4 bottles of water.

I’ve found I’m a little less thirsty after 2.0 that I was with 1.5. 1.4 and 1.5 both seem to make me quite thirsty.

No, I want to drink 9-18 bottles. :blush: Though I’m sure 3 or 4 may work for somebody, most folks will probably be somewhere between that and where I am.

No mention of hydration in there.

I ask because I find it even more convenient to know I’m getting the ideal amount of hydration in there, hence why I like doing a half bag of powder per pitcher.

You may remember a lot of 1.0 adopters suffering from dehydration because they didn’t consider the need for additional water.