Log your opinions of v1.5 here

Thanks for the updates and pics. Can’t wait to hear more.

2 Likes

Other than the enhanced smoothness, do you detect any added sweeteners or flavorings(i.e. vanilla)?

wow just 1 person who reads the forums got 1.5 so far?

Just put in an order. I only have 3 bags left now of the original soylent. It’s taken me just over a year now to get through my original order due to the excessive smelly gas. Cant wait to try 1.5 and see how much its improved over the last year.

i’ve gotten it but I still have a batch of 1.4 that needs to be finished off. won’t have an opinion until tomorrow

Ordered June 1, label printed June 2, but didn’t arrive at FedEx until late on June 5 (9 pm). It left the FedEx facility this morning and the estimated arrival has been updated to June 11 (the original estimate was June 8-12). Assuming I receive it Thursday afternoon, it will have been 10 days from ordering to doorstep (halfway across the country). That’s not bad even if it did take four days to ship instead of the claimed 2-3 days (although maybe “2-3” days means “2-3 days plus a day for processing” or maybe only orders before a certain time?). It certainly beats the 15-month wait for 1.0. :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t tried 1.5 yet, but the digestion issues were largely solved by 1.4. I’m interested to see how you think the taste and texture compare to 1.0 and whether or not you miss the vanilla flavor (I still miss it with 1.4, but much less over time).

I am guessing they decided to announce 1.5 after shipping the last of 1.4; meaning it is most likely that many of us (I know it’s so in my case) had shipments on 1.4 in transit when it was announced.

It does seem to be a pretty long lag between the announced release and user reactions. While I don’t expect things to be a whole lot different than v1.4, I am extremely curious and won’t have my own for two more weeks. I was hoping to read others’ experiences by now.

Most people should be getting 1.5 Monday or Tuesday.

3 Likes

have you tried 1.5 after letting it sit overnight? is the texture and flavor the same?

1 Like

Oh, joy! I canceled (intended to pause, but I effed up) after 1.4. I’m trying SO HARD not to reactivate without getting input on the new version. For me it was the slime. Please tell me it’s improved! I love Soylent, and I want to come back into the fold.

Edited to add a comma because now I’m looking for work as a copy writer. :wink:

I can not help but look at that last pic and think… My 2 pitchers do not say Soylent… WTF

The starter kits come with a sticker. A number of customers put the sticker on the pitcher.

2 Likes

Mine tastes exactly the same after being refrigerated overnight. No change in flavor or texture.

5 Likes

I got my 1.5 on Saturday as predicted. Had some 1.4 already mixed, so I finished that up by Sunday morning and made some 1.5. I added whey protein (as I do with 1.4), let it sit overnight, then drank it this morning for the first time.

It definitely has a thinner consistency than 1.4. The flavor seems to be exactly the same. Since whey reduces the sliminess, I think I might prefer the 1.4, because 1.5+whey is too watery for me. People who use 1.4 “straight” and dislike the thickness will probably prefer 1.5. Although I prefer 1.4, the 1.5 is not horrible for me so I’ll be OK having it in the future.

2 Likes

thats a bummer, thats 2 people that say it tastes exactly the same, and i thought this update was supposed to be all about flavor, i guess they got rid of the slime tho so thats a good thing

Actually I think this new version focused more on changing the texture than the flavor. There was no mention of digestibility unfortunately.

Still very few opinions on 1.5. I actually haven’t bought more since 1.2 and still have 8 bags left. I’m quite interested in what people have to say as I noticed in the past my experience was pretty similar to the masses.

I received my first shipment of 1.5 yesterday, prepared it in the pitcher in the evening and left it in the refrigerator overnight. The texture is much improved over 1.4 with no more thick “slime” feel after refrigeration. It’s thinner and smooth. The flavor reminds me of 1.3 with a hint of 1.4; overall it’s a flavor that is very pleasant to me. I found myself swirling the glass with water to get the last bit of soylent stuck to the side of the cup like I did with 1.3.

For some context I started consuming 66% soylent on 1.3 and loved it. When 1.4 came out I gave it a week of preparing it with the traditional method before buying a blender bottle, some powdered peanut butter, and some flaxseed meal to prepare meals in single servings. With 1.5 the blender bottle is probably going into storage (and the pitcher coming out) and I don’t see any need to add any flavoring to mask the taste.

8 Likes

This is from my friend Bobby. V1.5 is his first Soylent experience.

First text, “Can’t stop burping.”

Subsequent email:

There’s no sweetness to the flavor, but of course I have nothing for comparison. I just made a single serving in the blender with a touch of peanut butter. I think the blender makes a huge difference to the texture than shaking it up in the pitcher. It has a very light and airy feel to it rather than the thick and heavy goop I choked down for the past couple of days. I think the blender is the way to go. It makes a world of difference to the Soylent experience. I should add that I’m drinking it straight out of the blender. So it’s not chilled, yet it still tastes much better.

1 Like