Log your opinions of v2.0 here

Reviews are popping up on reddit, so I’d say it’s about time for this!

Edit: here’s a link to a good one https://www.reddit.com/r/soylent/comments/3kez0w/got_my_soylent_20/

What have been your experiences with Soylent 2.0?

I really like the taste. Sometimes I mix 1:1 coffee and 2.0 in the morning. During lunch, I find myself having beef jerky in one hand and 2.0 in the other. Such a great pair.

Soylent 2.1 might come with little bottles of beef jerky oil for us to mix in.

Another: https://www.reddit.com/r/soylent/comments/3kjcsu/cheerio_milk_20/

I finally got around to ordering a case of cheerio milk for myself! We’ll see how it goes.

Wait, I thought 2.0 wasn’t coming out until next month…?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. This is what I get for not paying attention for a few days…

Tastes good. I was surprised, but the reviews saying it tastes like “cheerio milk” were spot on. Smooth consistency, but a little chalky. I drank about half a bottle chilled, and a couple drinks from a room temperature bottle out of curiosity, it’s fine either way, but better chilled.

It’s been a long time since I’ve tried a product from Soylent, 1.0 is all I’ve ever had from them since I’m an avid DIYer, but this is a nice improvement. I’ll keep a few bottles around for occasional use, but will stick with my own soylent for the foreseeable future. Since I’m doing my keto recipe this won’t fit well regularly, but a bottle now and then won’t hurt.

The eagle has landed! The bottles look very nice and sleek all lined up on the door shelves of my refrigerator. I haven’t tasted it yet but was pretty surprised and a bit turned off by all the packaging, yikes. :frowning:
I was hoping it would arrive in just the Soylent box like the powdered version does. But at least the outer box is 100% recycled. I’ll assume the paper is recycled too.

I just tried it at slightly colder than room temperature. My first thought was, this tastes strange. I’ve had the same reaction to every version actually. It tastes artificial of course, and I get the comparison to cereal milk. I wouldn’t say it’s cheerios though, it’s something else that I can’t put my finger on. Chex? I don’t know. I’m looking forward to trying it fully chilled. And I find myself wanting it to be sweeter. But I have a sweet tooth and eat lots of sugary food. I’m sure I’ll be adding some infusions to this stuff at some point.

Final edit, I just drank the second half of the bottle fully chilled and it’s definitely better that way imo. I haven’t had the remaining milk from a bowl Rice Chex in years but that’s what 2.0 reminds me of. Time will tell if my stomach can handle it but so far no weird rumbling noises. I could see myself possibly getting hooked on this stuff, we’ll see…

≈.

Glorious. Absolutely glorious.

subscribes for the first time ever

Soylent 2.0 is the real deal. It’s what we’ve been waiting for. It’s the realization of the original Soylent vision.

Single serving bottle!
The taste is like cereal milk. Pretty good but can’t wait to fill them back up with 1.5.

Agree with Cheerios flavor. Most importantly to me is that I actually like the texture for once! I managed alright with 1.1 through 1.3, kinda hated 1.4 and 1.5 didn’t help much. 2.0 is GREAT by comparison, and no mixing needed. We’ll see if I stick with it, but I’m pretty happy at this moment.

Received my 2.0 today, dropped them immediately into the fridge. Two hours later I downed my first bottle and… drum roll… It was palatable! I’ve tried 1.0, 1.3, and 1.4, and each time I just had a little and was like “NOPE!” Now, though, NOW! I think I could see myself drinking more of this. Time will only tell, but this is a good sign.

I haven’t seen one negative review yet.

This seems promising…

This much positivity, I’m almost sad that I still have a bunch of 1.5 that I have to chug through before I can justify getting 2.0
I’m super hyped about the positive outlook. Has @Vanclute tried it yet? I’m curious if this is a flavor he could grow to like.

People should temper their expectations. Remember, this product isn’t intended to be pleasure food. The taste is supposed to be pretty neutral. I just drank my second bottle of the day. This stuff goes down really easy and is definitely the best textured Soylent to date, and I’ve had every version. I’m guessing some folks will still favor 1.3’s flavor over 2.0’s though.

And someone started a joke thread about it spilling over your face when you drink it. Not true. The bottle is shaped in a way that delivers the Soylent into the mouth quite well.

Or you could order 2.0, and mix part of it with 1.5 and consume?

You think that’s a lot of packaging…you should see what it’s like for 7 cases (2 cases in one box and 5 cases in another big one). The poor FedEx guy hauled it up a flight of stairs all at once. Very heavy…likely a lot of the cost going to shipping.Can I pick mine up at the factory???

Wow. Yeah, I’m thinking of subscribing to get 60 bottles a month. (If I can tolerate this stuff, time will tell) If I do that I’ll get to experience the 5 cases in one big box like you did. I’m guessing 5 cases is as much as they’ll pack in one box.

I plan on making a pitcher of 1.5 and when I pour out some of it I’ll mix some 2.0 into the cup as well.