You guys should check is isup.me because I just checked and those links go to the heroku app and github, respectively… at least for me, right now.
So I’ve held off from putting up too many updates, because I don’t want to show off non-working code. I’m not really ready to go public yet but if you want to see the app in actions, pull it from github and run it locally. But an update is coming… soon!
Suffice to say, I’ve made tons of headway. At this point, you can make a recipe with real ingredients and the nutritional profile will be calculated, along with the price per serving and stuff like that. You can adjust your levels to suit your needs and add ingredients from any url. You can also clone another persons recipe, so you don’t have to start from scratch. You can “flag” almost any ingredient, recipe or component as spam, dangerous, etc This is the mechanism by which commenting works as well. That will make more sense in time, I promise.
Like I said, many things are still pretty janky. If you want to help, head over to github!
What needs to be done immediately
- Lose sqlite for PostGres
- A mechanism for “multiplying” a recipe, so that it’s easy to scale up you recipe.
- Optimize sql design (It’s slooooow right now)
- Testing, testing, testing
What needs to be done longterm
- Adding support for medical records
- Styling ( I have rocking css skills but no taste whatsoever)
- Optical Character Recognition of nutritional labels (Right now you have to do it by hand and it’s really tedious)
- Micro blogging, commenting
- Even more testing