Lost Soylent Package

Hey everyone, first post.

I recently subscribed to 112 meals/28 bags of Soylent 1.5, after trying it for a week. You can probably guess how I feel about Soylent after having switched from 1 week supply to 1 month. The stuff is pretty fantastic.

Anyway, I placed my order for the 112 meals on the 19th of May and it shipped on the 24th. FedEx tracking indicated the package should have arrived on the 28th, but it never came. At the end of the day on the 28th, the expected delivery date changed to “Pending”.

I called FedEx a few minutes ago, and they told me that their own tracking information says it’s in California. My tracking information (obtained from the FedEx tracking website) says it’s in Ohio. They said they’ll initiate a trace and call me back when they have more information.

Maybe I’m being cynical but it seems like the chances are good that the package is lost, especially considering the fact that FedEx has two different sets of information about where the package was last seen.

Any advice on what I should do? I e-mailed Soylent via their website and got an automatic response telling me that a response is forthcoming but will probably take a while.

Should I re-order another box? It’s been just over two weeks since I’ve had any Soylent, and I was prepared to start enjoying it again on the 28th, meaning I’ve neglected grocery shopping…

Wait until you hear back from FedEx. Then you will have more information, and be better informed to make any necessary decision.

Thanks for the reply.

Waiting would be the logical thing to do. I suppose I just have no real faith that they’ll actually call me back in what I think would be a reasonable amount of time…

What I would do is decide to try 2.0 while waiting for your 1.5 situation to clarify. If you can afford to.

Sadly, that’s not an option for me. One of the things I love about 1.5 is how cheap it is compared to its relative nutritional completeness. The price of 2.0 lacks this advantage, based on my tastes/needs. Thanks for the response, though.

Give us 48 hours to respond.

Thanks for the reply.

I called FedEx again a couple of hours ago and they told me that the package should be delivered tomorrow (June 1). Oddly enough, they didn’t actually finish the trace, so how they know this, I’m not sure. Either way, I’ll follow up on here and let you know what happens.

Watching FedEx Soylent tracking can be confusing. I’ve been a customer for well over a year. Typically, the tracking first says the Soylent will be delivered right away. Then, confusingly, the status changes to Pending. Then that changes to the real status. Overall, delivery usually takes up to a week after payment is accepted. I live close to the originating point in the Los Angeles area, so for some people it might take a bit longer.

That’s really weird. I’ve had plenty of stuff shipped to me via FedEx and UPS, and I’ve never seen this happen before. What really threw me was that my tracking info was different (and more up-to-date?) than what FedEx had when I called them. In the end, I suppose it doesn’t matter, as long as I get my Soylent.

My first shipment came to me from Pennsylvania, and I live in upstate New York, so it was here in 4-5 days. This time it’s from California, so it’s been a different story…

The package arrived today. Everything is alright. Thanks again for your reply.

@Cody_B Glad to hear your package arrived…

Ditto. I’m not sure how much of this is due to Fedex or RL… I suspect RL transmits the data to Fedex as they are preparing the shipment and Fedex assumes they will have the package before the end of the day and post projections to that effect. The packages are probably dropped (or picked up) in one giant daily batch but reach Fedex after the daily cut-off. The next morning they are all scanned and tracking begins… And the “picked up” line becomes midnight the night before (sometime late at night after the cut-off)… ? Just a theory…