Low-calorie foods to curb hunger?

Are there any foods with a negligibly low amount of calories? I was thinking that would be a great way to consume fewer calories while sating my hunger. Some of the recommendations online are garbage — for example, apples and watermelon are listed as having very low calories, but an apple or a slice of watermelon is 100 calories, which is 5% of my target daily caloric intake. Apparently the thing about celery burning more calories to chew than it contains is a myth, and besides, I hate celery.

While not low-calorie, protein is great for satiety. Replace some fat & carbs calories with protein.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/87/5/1558S.long

Do you like pickles? They have good bulk and are very low in calories.

Have you heard about the Shangri-La Diet? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shangri-La_Diet
I haven’t tried it myself, since I’m at a good weight. The concept intrigues me, though. You could slightly reduce your mealtime calories to offset the added calories from the oil or sugar water taken outside of mealtime.

Do you hate carrots ?
I go for baby carrots. Pre-washed, convenient, good shelf life in fridge.
About 4 cals per piece.

Oh nice! Awesome suggestion, a pickle is apparently only about 15 calories. That’s great, I will definitely pick up a jar of pickles.

Watch out for sodium in pickles.

How much sodium is too much? I don’t know the first thing about nutrition.

1500-2300mg is the normal healthy range for sodium, Soylent gives you 1500mg in a day’s worth. So try not to eat more than 800mg of extra sodium a day, dunno how that translates to pickle quantity.

Thanks! I will try to find a low sodium option. Apparently a single dill pickle spear (a term I just learned) can contain 300 mg of sodium, yikes!

Three pickle spears.

Some more low calorie options: brocolli, asparagus, cauliflower, celery, zucchini, Arugula, brussel sprouts (try oven roasted,light olive oil, salt), Cabbage, Lettuce, Beets(cook in mixture of vinegar and water in covered pan in oven until soft, peel skin off with towels/rubber gloves, careful of red stains), Coffee (black 0 calories, hunger reducer, great mixed with Soylent 2.0), Grapefruit, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Turnips, Watercress (leafy green), Spinach, Lemons and limes(squeeze one into your glass of water, doubt you’d eat em plain), Kale, Garlic (cooked of course), Peppers, Onions, Pumpkin, Radishes, Tea, Fennel, Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries (ect).

The above are all between 30-50 calories per cup. many are Lower, below 15 calories.

Popcorn is low-calorie as well for a cup and under, but things like butter/flavoring and salt can throw you outta wack, so it’d have to be plain popcorn.

Nice. Plain popcorn sounds like it could be filling. I will look into the fruits and vegetables as well.

I ate 5 dill pickles last night and didn’t feel hungry after that. According to the nutritional label on the jar, that was 0 calories (um… really?) and 725 mg of sodium.