Made out of people?

“…Ocean’s dying, plankton’s dying… it’s people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They’re making our food out of people. Next thing they’ll be breeding us like cattle for food. You’ve gotta tell them. You’ve gotta tell them!..”

Charleton Heston, Soylent Green, 1973, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

Ummm… you couldn’t possibly have thought you were the first to point out the movie reference. Could you?

Also Soylent (the product) was not named after the movie. It was named after the book, which the movie took and heavily altered (including adding the cannibalistic element). Soylent as referenced in the original book, was not “made out of people”.

don’t care. still funny.

Wow, funny enough to go to the trouble of registering on this forum just to make this post?

Hey, get this: High Plains Drifter is a Clint Eastwood movie where the titular character rapes a lady. True fact!

It’s also a Beastie Boys song.

Dogs don’t sweat. Instead, they cool themselves by panting.

Dogs can’t look up… or so I heard.

That’s what Big Al says.

Only part true, though.

Cats can drink sea water to rehydrate because their liver is so effective… Also I heard they don’t have a sense of sweet tastes.

… at handling sea water. But did you know that if a cat stops eating it’s at serious risk sooner than a lot of other animals because its liver can’t handle metabolizing all of the fat stores that get used for energy? Before a cat has a chance to starve, it can die from fat overdose.

This thread should go away now

I think this thread has wandered off topic. I think I will flag it now.

I think that was the point of the (hilarious) derailment by the community.

SQUIRREL!

Sigh… 20 characters? Really?

Sorry I forgot to use my sarcastic font.

Somebody needs to make this an actual thing…

The Newby-McMahon Building in downtown Wichita Falls, Texas, is known is the “world’s smallest skyscraper.”

I guess not everything is bigger in Texas.

Wow, is that anything like “World’s smallest jumbo shrimp?”

This thread is like a collection of the worst “TIL” reddit posts of all time.

And I support it.

How many off topic posts must a thread get before it is killed by @codinghorror?

Does anyone know how much wood a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?