Make people chow soylent taste good?

I was just wondering what I can do about the taste of people chow.

It’s hard for me to eat because it taste so dang bad and weird.

Is it possible to add something to this to actually make me wanna eat it instead of just swallow it without trying to taste it.

Paging @axcho

</20characters>

Try these: (in no particular order or combination)

• cinnamon
  • stevia
  • vanilla
  • cocoa powder

I just tried a tablespoon of ovaltine starting today w/ my usual cup of people chow + tablespoon of the oil in a shaker bottle. It actually has a chocolate flavor now and that only added 4.5 grams of sugar(per bottle).

So far I’ve tried cinnamon, cocoa powder, PB2 (powdered peanut butter), PB2/Chocolate, and vanilla extract. Everything tasted good except for the vanilla extract (the alcohol flavor made the soylent very medicinal). I use blender bottles, each holding about 1/3 of a day’s worth of People Chow soylent, so I use about a teaspoon of flavorant per bottle. If you need a little extra sweetness, 1-3 teaspoons of brown sugar can be quite enjoyable, if you’re okay with adding 17 Calories per teaspoon, or you can use Stevia / some other zero calorie sweetener.

I use 1/4 teaspoon of Stevia and 7 tablespoons of cocoa powder for each week that I mix together http://www.thebairs.net/2014/06/mixing-up-soylent-ingredients-for-7-days-at-a-time/

It helps if you like the flavor of wet tortillas.

I literally just got this tonight {Premium} and mixed my first batch…Smells awesome…Kinda like vanilla malt…I’ll report back tmro am after I have my first taste

I would like to add that I am drinking People Chow Plain (by axcho) which has a large amount of masa harina (the primary source of the grittiness). People Chow Premium is balanced with a higher amount of oil and whey protein so should have a much smoother texture. It would be good to know which version emodino4ever has.

Wait that doesn’t sound right O-o.

You mix 1/4 teaspoon of Stevia and 7 tablespoons of cocoa powder for those 4 meals a day?

Because 7 tablespoons doesn’t seem like enough to mix for a whole weeks worth.

I’m putting 1/4 teaspoon of stevia and 7 tablespoons of cocoa for the entire week. I just want a hint of chocolate and a tablespoon a day is enough for my tastes. 1/4 teaspoon of stevia in a days worth would probably make you gag and spit it out, it would be way sweet.

Lol, ok thanks! for taking your time to post and same with others :smile:

I used vanilla flavored protein powder. It doesn’t taste amazing, but it isn’t half bad either. Tastes like vanilla flavored soggy corn flakes instead of just soggy corn flakes. It’s very drinkable. Vanilla really makes the difference.

Flavor was not a problem for me at all. The stuff smells great, but the taste is more on the mild side. I’m fine with drinking it unflavored. I’m on day 3 so as this progresses, I might choose to flavor it…

I use a ton of cinnamon and after looking into it more made the decision to jump to ceylon cinnamon both from a flavor stand point but also because of how much I was using and the potential for toxicity with more traditional cinnamon found in grocery stores.

I just tried this with regular sugar and it was really yummy! Thank’s :slight_smile: I also used a blender and really cold water with some ice.

What stevia extract do you use? The “Truvia” stuff and most others don’t actually have a lot of stevia in them.

For Stevia I’m using https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00DSQZNF0 (“mood enhancer” FTW!!!) the 100g bag lasts a real long time (I’m still on my first bag from 6 months ago)