Manganese dosage at new website

I don’t know why you guys are suddenly so fond about manganese…
400 gram, really ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Vitamin Bp is also incorrect should be 550 mg, 1375mg is the amount of choline bitartrate.

One other thing, the webistes say that oats flour give the RDA of magnesium (400mg), but how do you know that ? 110 gram of oat flour gives around 150-250 mg magnesium, in all the databases that I checked.

Font look still a little bit blurry, look at the F of FIber for example, the fonts at discourse looks much clearer.

The rest of the website is awesome, btw :smile:

Manganese discrepancy with http://blog.soylent.me/post/69835344439/soylent-micronutrient-breakdown

Manganese (2.3mg) from Manganese Sulfate (6.4mg) - Manganese ions are important because they serve as cofactors for many different kinds of enzymes in the human body. A particularly important enzyme in which manganese plays a key role is superoxide dismutase which binds and removes superoxide free radicals (which are an inevitable byproduct in systems that utilize oxygen).

I also don’t understand why they add extra manganese sulfate if there is aleady so much in 110 g oats.

magnesium != manganese

I know :stuck_out_tongue:

But oats give both magnesium and manganese.
Manganese in such amount that it easily covers the RDA.
And magnesium in such amount that it doesn’t seem to cover the RDA.
According to the databases I looked on.

400g is probably a typo. If you look at the nutrition label in the pdf, it adds to 100% DV, and DRI is 2.3mg for adult men.

Don’t the labels actually show the chemical breakdown of the product inclusive of all the ingredients including oat flour? I believe these have to be lab tested on samples of first batch 1.0 product to make the labels, but not 100% sure.

I would think that as well. Magnesium content of oats may be very different depending on the place it grows.
@JulioMiles How are you sure sure that there is 400 mg of magnesium in 110 gram of oats ?

Probably?!? 400g is almost a pound of metal! :slight_smile:

@JulioMiles The sites now states 400 mg manganese, but this must be incorrect, as that would be a highly toxic manganese dosage.

What does the Department of Health advise?
You should be able to get all the manganese you need by eating a varied and balanced diet. If you take manganese supplements, do not take too much as this could be harmful.
For most people, taking 4mg or less of manganese supplements a day is unlikely to cause any harm.
For older people, taking 0.5mg or less of manganese supplements a day is unlikely to cause any harm. This is a lower amount because older people may be more sensitive to manganese. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vitamins-minerals/Pages/Other-vitamins-minerals.aspx

http://iom.edu/Activities/Nutrition/SummaryDRIs/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/Nutrition/DRIs/New%20Material/4_%20UL%20Values_Vitamins%20and%20Elements.pdf

Manganese tolerable upper limit for adults: 11 mg/d

Fixed! Thanks for the heads up.

Still says 400mg to me.

It was fixed from 400g to 400mg

It was changed from 400g to 400 mg, not fixed.

which is 3600% the tolerable upper limit for adults! we would be hearing about dead vegans by now!

Maybe that was the headache @vanclute experienced !

:open_mouth:

I think I’d have a lot worse than a mild headache! =o