Mealworm kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1468268424/l-i-v-i-n-hive

Mealworms are healthy and good for the planet! They combine the best of meat and plant-based proteins: with a similar protein content to red meats like beef and the beneficial amino-acid profile of tofu. They are also packed with vitamins and enzymes to keep you healthy. Our design-driven approach and innovative technology empowers you to produce your own food with an efficient, pleasant and clean process.

I think I’ll stick to Soylent for now, but might make a good ingredient for DIY people. I’ve seen some discussion in the past about mealworms.

Very interesting video. Looks like they are well on their way to being funded. I am doubtful if this is something that could catch on widely, but perhaps given time it could.

Very interesting, indeed. However, I’ll continue to source my protein from free-form amino acids.

I love that drawer setup they’re using! I’m going to have to steal that idea for raising spider food! Very tidy and efficient.

…not for people-food, though. I’m fine with Soylent. Now if only I could feed Soylent to my spiders…

It appears that the different drawers are different stages of development in the lifecycle of the worms.

Interesting.

You never know; Your spider might like Soylent.

If they can produce these on an industrial scale, I’m going to apply for a business loan and build a giant terrarium of birds, lizards, centipedes, frogs toads, turtles, skunks, snakes, gophers, and moles. Then I’m going to partner with the worm company and use them as my main feedstock. And I’ll give you guys all free tickets. Wish me luck!