Measuring scoops

If I could buy a custom powder scoop that was labeled both in CC and in KCal I totally would. Just sayin’.

Edit: preferably made of glass, the plastic scoop I’m using now tends to attract crumbs to its rough lip.

I never trust the scoop. I use a food scale.

so, uh, you need a custom-made scoop? every “powder” is different in density, KCal etc.

Not for ingredients, for the official recipe once it arrives. Only one powder, only one density.

While “one powder, one density” isn’t necessarily true, especially for a powder with many ingredients, I have noticed that many companies that sell powdered nutrients currently include a labeled scoop or have one for sale. It might be a good idea for Soylent to do likewise.

[quote=“reddleman, post:5, topic:4453, full:true”]I have noticed that many companies that sell powdered nutrients currently include a labeled scoop or have one for sale. It might be a good idea for Soylent to do likewise.
[/quote]

As I understand it, the official Soylent will be packaged in “full day” pouches. There’ll be no need to measure anything, because the full pouch is already pre-formulated to your required daily intake of vitamins and minerals.

Right, that’s how my current soylent is as well. The thing is that I don’t own a blender, or bottles enough to store a day’s worth of soylent once the water is included. Instead, four times a day I scoop ~200cc of powder into a blender bottle, add water, shake and drink.