Mega Men Sport VS Mega Men Maximum Nutrition

I see a low of recipes with GNC Mega Men Sport, the similar product Mega Men Nutrition is basically exactly the same thing (a few minerals have slightly different %) and is $10 cheaper … The Sport has a max bigger container but is only 60gram more … 60gram for $10? Is there another benefit to the sport version or is it just marketing?

Okay, i spent way more time trying to figure this out than i needed too. First the price. If you ahve the membership they are the same price. ($39.99) Recently they had a buy one get one 50% off mix and match sale. Was the Nutrition part of it? The Sport was and cam out to ~$34 each when you bought two.

EDIT: Serving size of MMS is 36 g while serving size of MMN is 34 g.

EDIT # 2: Hey 60 g difference is the 2 grams per serving difference. Not really fair to use amount of powder in comparison

Edit # 3 Removed Lutien (950 mcg) from both as it is essentially the same, one just has a fancy name.

I am only listing differences, if the amount was the same i ignored it.

Things that Mega Men Sport has that Mega Men Nutrition does NOT:

Cranberry Powder, Kale Leaf powder (both part of “Antioxidant Fruit & Vegetable Blend”

Proprietary Sports Blend 1000.00 mg
Beta-Alanine
L-Carnitine
L-Glutamine
Taurine

Branched Chain Amino Acid Blend 1500.00 mg
L-Isoleucine
L-Leucine
L-Valine

Creatine Precursor Blend (Guanidinoacetic Acid Glycine L-Methionine) 1000.00 mg
Creatine Precursor Blend (Guanidinoacetic Acid Glycine L-Methionine) 0
Creatine Precursor Blend (Guanidinoacetic Acid Glycine L-Methionine)

Things that Mega Men Nutrition has that Sport does not:

blueberry powder, saw palmetto powder (both part of the “Antioxidant Fruit & Vegetable Blend”

Green Tea Leaf Powder (Decaffeinated) 10.00 mg
Phytosterols (Beta-Sisterol Campestrol and Stigmasterol) 800.00 mg

Essential Fatty Acid Blend 2.00 g
MCT Oil
High Oleic Sunflower Oil
Safflower Oil
Borage Oil
Olive Oil
Evening Primrose Oil
Flaxseed Oil

They differ in nutrition :

…MMS…MMN
Calories…130…100
Total Fat…2.5 g…3 g
Saturated Fat…1 g…0.5 g
Cholesterol…25 mg…15 mg
Total Carbohydrate…15 g…14 g
Dietary Fiber…8 g…5 g
Fiber Blend…8 g…9.75g
Sugars…3 g…0 g
Protein…10 g…6 g
Magnesium (as mag oxide)…50 mg…100 mg
Calcium (cal carbonate)…200 mg…500 mg
?? Chloride…150 mg…
?? Sodium…75 mg
Vit D (Cholecalciferol D-3)…600 IU…2000 IU
Folic Acid…600 mcg…400 mcg
Potassium…250 mg…350 mg
Vandanium (V Amino Acid Chelate)…5mcg…
Vandanium(Sodium Metavanadate)…10 mcg
Zeaxanthin…50 mcg…190 mcg

Antioxidant Fruit & Veg Blend …200 mg…105 mg

Conclusion: I might go with what was cheaper at the time, though i thinking about switching to the “Nutrion” after analyzing it for the following reasons:
1 You dont really nead Creatine
2 You dont need the extra amino acids from the "Sport"
3 More mag, calcium, Vit D and potassium.
4 Has Lutein They both have lutein.
5 Though i already use oil, i like the bit of a mix in the “Nutrition”

So you put salt in your soylent?

Still analyzing the difference when plugged in to the recipe.
I made a People Chow with the MMN as a test. Seems that with the Mega Men Nutrition the cal/mag with D supplement would no longer be needed. saving 26 cents a day or $8/ month. You could however still add a bit to get extra cal, mag and D.

Folate dips below 100% though. Not sure how to fix that yet.

Thanks for the intense information gathering!! I had the feeling in my local GNC store Sport and MMN were 49 and 39 respectively and both came down 8 or 9 after membership … I wonder should Taurine be part of daily nutrition? Maybe the amount is negligible …

Do bring up folate throw in some sun flower seeds, peanuts, bakers yeast, wheat, wheat germ or eat an avocado :smile:

I got a tad more folate from flax seed and tried to keep the Omega 3:6 ratio in check with hemp seed oil, brought it down from ~10 to 3, not great though, the masa harina has way too much 6 …

http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/people-chow-301-tortilla-perfection-w-hemp-seed-oil-coconut-oil

Thank you for the breakdown - I didn’t realize there were two different mega men products. I’m analyzing the difference in my recipe as well.

Aside from it being less expensive, I like that Maximum Nutrition skips the creatine. In previous blood work I’ve had done, my doctor identified high levels of creatine which we attributed to a protein supplement I was taking at the time. She was concerned / indicated you shouldn’t normally supplement creatine. I don’t have any references to substantiate this anecdotal evidence. YMMV.

Bumping an old thread here but would it be bad to take both at the same time?