Might be getting my hands on a week of 1.0. - First taste!

Erm, it’s weird.

Took my first sip of Soylent 1.0 just now, and it’s definitely not what I was expecting. It’s like strange, sweet protein powder. I let it soak overnight, added the oil this morning, shook like a crazy person, and it’s still quite gritty/powdery. The taste is familiar, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

I’ll power through today and see what I think of it by tonight, but right now, the thought of drinking this for 2 weeks is really unappealing (I’m drinking half-a-pitcher per day, with a small muggle breakfast). I may add some cocoa powder to it for tomorrow. (Sweetened? Unsweetened? I don’t know. Suggestions?)

I’m confused. Isn’t’ this thread 12 months late? They are shipping V1.4 now. There are probably (outdated) V1.0 threads you can add this to.

I bought some 1.0 from someone selling theirs on Craigslist (I’m in Canada, so it’s hard to come by), and I seriously doubt anyone would respond to something posted on a year-old thread.

Fair enough. But at this point, rather than people repeating suggestions for flavoring, they will probably just point you to other threads.

It might be beneficial for you to type “flavor” in the “Search” icon on the top right-hand corner of this discourse. Lots of fun information; you’ll find a lot of ideas there. You can also search “1.0” which should contain answers to most of your other questions that may pop up.

Happy Soylenting!

@LWolfe, yes, 1.0 was strangely too sweet with a lingering aftertaste. And some of us got strong gas from it. Some loved it though. To each his own…

I found some 1.0 (and 1.1) I still had left over. So I figured I’d finish that before picking up any more.

The oil from the 1.0 had developed a fishy smell. It didn’t have that when I first got it. You may want to check, the oil should be odorless.

All versions prior to 1.3 have given me gas, but mixing up that 1.0 (with different oil, I didn’t use the fishy stuff), was a reminder of how bad it was.

And yes, 1.0 was very sweet compared to everything that’s come after.

Fair enough, Ric. I figured it would be a pain to sift through all those old threads, but it wasn’t too bad.

The oil I have has a light smell, but it’s not a bad smell. It smells like, well, oil. :stuck_out_tongue:

Over the course of the first day, the texture definitely improved. Still gritty, but a lot smoother. It leaves a sweetness on my tongue that I’m not a huge fan of, but I think I’ll get used to it.

As far as gas goes, none to speak of so far. But then again, I’m only drinking half a pitcher, and eating a muggle breakfast, so I may not need to worry about gas.