Milk Jug Quantities!

A few years back I’d suggested that Soylent try to make their bottles compostable. Its a few years later and I don’t know if the issues raised then by Soylent are still problems today, but I have another option that would reduce waste (and maybe cost?): provide Soylent in milk sized jugs.

I know we can make it ourselves in larger quantities, but I like the convenience of the ready-to-go bottles…but don’t like the amount of plastic waste it causes (and wouldn’t mind the price going down slightly :)).

1 Like

Interesting concept. The existing RTD bottles say to consume within 3 days of opening - not sure why this is exactly, but it seems that it could be an issue for a large quantity.

2 Likes

True. But for those of us who use it for 75%+ of our diet, it should be easily consumable within 3 days.

Also for any families or other shared soylenteers. :slight_smile:

It goes bad really fast once opened. But since powder users are often making 2 liters a day anyway maybe 2 liter bottles with 2000 calories would work for some people.

1 Like

A gallon would be great for me. I drink around 1900 kcal a day mixed from powder, so that would mean I would easily get through it in three days. That’s a lot of shipping compared to powder though. I would take that over the small 400kcal bottles today though.

Another thought I had was to ship it mixed, but without much water. Just enough to keep it from being powder. Customers would add the appropriate amount of water at home. That might make the “Milk Jug Quantities” easier to ship.

2 Likes