Minor Fulfillment Delay

In the wake of a successful product launch, we have encountered a minor issue with our fulfillment and have delayed shipping for a few days. We will provide you with more information soon and hope to resume shipping as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please contact customer support at info@soylent.com if you have any questions.

http://blog.soylent.com/post/130209601612/minor-fulfillment-delay

Shipping Notifcation

Thanks for keeping us updated!

6 days minus one bottle until I’m out. I hope my order makes it before then.

Suddenly I’m glad I have boxes of 1.5 in the basement.

Wow, I’m glad I got a full order of 1.5 today!

In the tradition of irresponsible speculation, I note that this site had a long thread demanding a price cut, to which some responded that that might be counterproductive because it could increase sales and thus bring back shipping problems. Now, quickly after a price cut, there is a fulfillment delay.

Or maybe there’s a delay because a version change from 1.5 is in the works.

I assume this has something to do with the mold found on some bottles, and that your taking time to fix it.

Does the delay affect both 1.5 and 2.0? Also does it affect Canada?

1.5 is fine, 2.0 experienced delays and some of that caused a slow down on 1.5. Both products are stored at the same warehouses.

I found the discussion you mentioned. Maybe you are right; since I haven’t seen 2.0 I wouldn’t know.

Thanks. I edited my response before I saw this answer. You are quick on the draw!

When should we have an ETA on resumed shipping? I’m trying to make a grocery list for next week, and I’m trying to decide how much of my pre-Soylent meal replacement shakes to order from Amazon to tide me over. It’s just too bad about the timing–I literally just put in my first subscription ever about 24 hours before news of the delay hit, and was thinking of sharing my (very positive) experiences with friends. So it goes…

I doubt it will be very long. I think they have to print labels saying “new! With mold added!”

(Just kidding. It affected an order of mine too.)

I’m hoping to have a concrete grasp on the whole situation soon, resolving it is our top priority.

@the mold issue. Conor/Soylent can’t give any type of response until they have a definitive answer to exactly what happened and what they’ve done to resolve it. This isn’t an easy task to solve, for the same reason EU shipments are an incredibly difficult task. If you stop and think about the actual processes involved in answering these issues, you’ll see they take a great deal of time.

Yup, and the mold thing could be a total hoax as well.

I thought this would go without saying, but yeah, obviously.

Thanks, and I understand. For the record as a relative newbie to Soylent I’m quite impressed with the level of communication and customer service around these parts. I can think of a few other companies whom I deal with that put out similar leading edge technology products that could take a page from you guys. :slight_smile:

Nah, @kennufs was one of the people who had it. He’s been a Soylent supporter and on Discourse for a while.

[quote=“masonjam, post:17, topic:23794, full:true”]
@the mold issue. Conor/Soylent can’t give any type of response until they have a definitive answer to exactly what happened and what they’ve done to resolve it. This isn’t an easy task to solve, for the same reason EU shipments are an incredibly difficult task. If you stop and think about the actual processes involved in answering these issues, you’ll see they take a great deal of time.
[/quote]Oh, sure.

You have to pull all the 2.0 from warehouses (and interrupt 1.5 flow), and check each lot to see if they have the mold, remove and dispose of those bad batches. You then need to figure out how it got there, how to prevent it in the future, and clear up any legal issues about who’s at fault (i.e. who pays for the bad product). Which is also a reason they can’t share details. Possibly need to get the FDA to reinspect it as well.

Then you need to restock and reset the warehouses and work though the backorders.

Not easy. But i’m sure they’ll keep us upto date with any extra information they can give us when they can give it to us.