Miss chewing? try chia seeds in your Soylent

I recently experimented with adding a few teaspoons of chia seeds to some bottles of Soylent Drink, and I really liked the results! In fact, it might have worked too well – the texture of the Soylent + chia is so delightful that I really don’t want to put down the bottle once I start, even if it’s just plain old Original flavor.

I thought this suggestion might be of interest to those folks who enjoy Soylent but find that they miss the experience of chewing when Soylent is a substantial part of their diet. I’m actually not one of those folks – I don’t particularly pine for chewing – but if that’s something you want, the chia seeds do give you a little something to chew on. It’s very pleasant to catch the seeds in your mouth and munch 'em a bit as the Soylent goes down. So depending on whether you want a consistency that is really crunchy or a bit softer, I recommend adding a couple spoonfuls of chia to a bottle and letting it sit in your fridge anywhere from 30 mins to overnight.

As an added bonus, you’ll be getting some omega 3s from the chia seeds. But they do have a non-negligible energy content, so the calories and macro makeup of the seeds might be something to keep in mind depending on your nutrition goals with Soylent.

I only read the title but I really like adding a bunch of Honey Nut Cheerios to a bottle of Original with a few sips missing (or ~half empty/full).

A few grams of cinnamon gives a very subtle(/delightful) texture.