Monthly Poll: September 2015

Monthly poll for Semptember.
If you have any feedback about or comments on these questions, feel free to express yourself below. Also, if you have any ideas for future questions, please list them below.

Have you pre-ordered 2.0 yet?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

To which age group do you currently belong?

• 19 or younger
  • 20 to 29
  • 30 to 39
  • 40 to 49
  • 50 to 59
  • 60 to 69
  • 70 or older

0 voters

Have you ever made or consumed DIY Soylent?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Have you noticed any changes to your libido after consuming Soylent?

• Yes, Positive
  • No Change
  • Yes, Negative

0 voters

Poll: November 2015
Monthly Poll: October 2015

For those interested, here are the past results from:
July 2015
August 2015

I find it interesting that 33% of respondents (at the time I am replying) are aged 60 to 69.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the libido one came from a suggestion from someone else that I was using.

Although it has fallen off pretty quickly since then 42% of respondents are still 40+ 41 votes in, which is a surprise to me as well. There used to be an “introduce yourself” or something thread on here that asked age and geography and I seem to remember the age distribution being more heavily weighted to the younger side – although it’s possible that a thread like that is self-selecting if we believe younger people are more likely to share such information (a reasonable assumption to me).

I’ll be interested to see how the age distribution shakes out.

You were USING someone, and that’s how the libido question came up. We get it :grin:

I’m 69, FWIW, doing my part to skew the average up.

Was that in response to the age or the libido question?

Good question. Age.

Oops. I should have clicked “yes” to the DIY Soylent question. No option to correct myself.

We love looking at these polls! Thanks for running them!

If you click on “hide results” it will let you change your choice.

Huh, well look at that. When did I become such a noob? Second time you advised me on a basic forum function. Thanks! Lol. :smiley:

It looks like it ended up with the biggest group in their 30s. Beforehand, I would have guessed the biggest group would be in their 20s, but it makes sense because many in their early 20s are likely on meal plans at college or still living at home with their parents and getting their food subsidized. Those in their 30s likely have more disposable income but are still young enough to be more open about trying new things.

What I really want to know is who the 70+ folks are.

People.    

I’m 70 next April; I’ll let you know.

Still 40% of respondents 40 and over. That does skew older than I would have predicted going in.

Looks like some coders in Silicon Valley are well into their 40s.
Otherwise, why would 40yr old+ person, at peak earning age, give up chomping on delicious food and social chomping interactions. This doesn’t fit with our common sense use scenarios and BS market predictions.

Please don’t tell bloggers, or they will have hard time writing about “who is this for”, the readers need to have it laid out in broad generalizations.

Some of them are listed on the Soylent ingredient label.