Monthly price increase?

How come the monthly price keeps bouncing around? I think I first saw it at $270, then just a few days ago it was down to $230, now it’s been raised $25 to $255.

I’m starting to get nervous about my pre-order when a single delivery hasn’t been shipped, but the pricing has changed 3 times.

I would like to know what happened too, I was going to place an order last week and totally forgot… why is it higher now? smh

The $270 price was for international shipping, the domestic monthly price was always $230. We now have a better idea of what our shipping costs will be, and changed the price accordingly.

Soooo what are you saying, domestic price is now $255 with shipping? So it costs $25 to ship powder? What happened to the price going down after the campaign?

Sorry, Soylent is going to have to start answering some questions or stop telling people lies…

Why not just use a real time shipping cost calculated linked to USPS FEDEX etc. This is what we do for our business. For the 10 price increases for the post office we did nothing as it was all handled automatically and we just add $5 per order to pay for labor, packaging etc…

That’s what the soylent.me site says, @Benji. It costs a decent amount to ship 15kg of powder. The price of the product will still go down after we begin shipping soylent and are able to see where we can optimize our processes and begin to get better price breaks from our ingredients suppliers, but it’s not going to be an immediate, overnight thing.

@kieranmullen I’m not sure what business you’re in, but things get more complicated when you’re dealing with rolling fulfillment of 10,000+ shipments from a warehouse (and if that’s the scale you’re operating at, PM me) – we just finished negotiations with UPS (which took a while actually) to handle our shipping.

@JulioMiles, What does this price increase mean for those of us who’ve already ordered? Are we “locked in” at the old price of 230, or will you be contacting us to pay the difference when you’re ready to ship?

[quote=“JulioMiles, post:6, topic:5020, full:true”]
That’s what the soylent.me site says, @Benji. It costs a decent amount to ship 15kg of powder. The price of the product will still go down after we begin shipping soylent and are able to see where we can optimize our processes and begin to get better price breaks from our ingredients suppliers, but it’s not going to be an immediate, overnight thing.[/quote]

Thank you and HOLY SMOKES, 15Kg and that’s just a months worth…

I’m curious about this too.