Movie The Circle

In a current “sci-fi” movie called The Circle, a prospective employee is asked to choose between Soylent or Sushi. With a laugh, she chooses Sushi.

That choice was almost as bad as the movie was!

Yes, I stopped watching it shortly.

I wish I had lol.

The premise was good, it just didn’t really go anywhere and when it looked like there was about to be a big reveal… it finished.

I found the movie entertaining - at laughed at the Soylent reference - as I was enjoying one at the time, and hate sushi :slight_smile:

And then later in the movie the protagonist Mae asks her friend Annie, whom she has not seen in some time, what happened and why she went home to Scotland. Annie replies, “What, besides almost ODing on speed and Soylent?” Because apparently that’s a thing. [eye roll]

I saw it years ago. It’s a pretty so-so (and pretty dated these days) dystopian film. Not the worst film you’ll ever see, but not like you’re missing out if you skip it.

I want to see it just for the reference since I’m in love with Soylent haha! I also want to see the movie Soylent green :slight_smile:Have you seen Soylent Green? If so , how was it? :slight_smile: Dystopian movies are sometimes the best ones! I love the Divergent series and The Hunger Games for other dystopian movies <3

Actually I haven’t seen the circle but I have seen Soylent Green! That’s what I was talking about; it looks like Venture removed their message so mine now looks like it’s talking about The Circle.

oooh okay! Yeah I thought you were talking about the Circle XD Did you like Soylent Green? Would you recommend?

As I said - it was a so-so dystopian film. It hasn’t really aged that well. So, it’s not an awful movie, but it’s not like a must-see or anything. Basically, if you’re bored and you can get it free, go ahead and watch.

To tell the never-before-admitted truth, I thought Soylent Green was better than I expected. It seems to have made its way into the American subconscious, since people still seem to remember it after all these years.