Mudder's Milk - Firefly

I know you’re out there Browncoats. For those of you who have seen the show Firefly, you’ve got to realize there has been a SERIOUS marketing opportunity lost here. I have no idea why I didn’t see it before.

Guys. Mudder’s Milk. Soylent IS Mudder’s Milk. They say it in the show!

Wash: [In Chinese] What is this garbage?
Jayne: Mmm. They call it Mudder’s Milk. All the protein, vitamins and carbs of your grandma’s best turkey dinner, plus fifteen percent alcohol.

Okay, so it doesn’t have alcohol in it (though Rob did say it wasn’t bad mixed with vodka) but otherwise, it’s totally Mudder’s Milk. So it may not be the best idea to do a marketing switch. It certainly wouldn’t alleviate any confusion stemming from the name, and I’m sure FOX could find some reason to get nasty about the rights to the name, but it would still be cool.

“…well no, there’s not actually any milk in it. It’s just vitamins and-”

“Then why do you call it milk if it doesn’t have any milk?”

“It’s from a TV show. Firefly.”

“From what?”

See? Then you have ANOTHER great reason to introduce people to Firefly. Not that you needed one, right? Okay sorry, I’ll stop now. I just had this sudden epiphany and needed to share.

But I’m totally going to start calling my personal recipe Mudder’s Milk.

There’s already the problem of having to explain to everyone there’s not soy in it.

Not sure I’d want to deal with that as well.
Although that alleviate the “Soylent is made out of people!!!” problem.

Well my recipe actually has soy protein in it, and the most common form of lecithin (which I’m also using) is made from soy. So I can kinda avoid that first problem.

The “Soylent is people!” one get’s rather annoying at times though. I could do with a little less of that in my life.