My 1 Year Journey With 100% Soylent (Just Started)

My journey has just begun, but I will post my progress over time.

I am very much the typical engineer and like me some good data. These weight loss curves were generated using a calorie deficient model based on my height and weight. So far I found that I am not having very large cravings for food, and I feel quite good. I have experienced no issues related to bowels, gas, or any other forms of discomfort.

I am planning to lose about 100 lbs.

7/14/2017 - 306.5
7/15/2017 - 303
7/16/2017 - 300.6
7/17/2017 - 300.4

4 Likes

Very cool! I assume you are 100% Soylent? If so, which version? Powder? 2.0? Different flavors of 2.0?

Looking forward to your progress! Here are a couple of recent challenges people have done and posted on here…

I am mostly drinking 2.0 on the go. I have just received powder and plan to drink that while at home (such as dinners) to save some money.

1 Like

Quick progress update…

1 week has passed since I started doing a 100% Soylent Diet. I am currently drinking 3 bottles per day and I feel full and have enough energy through the day. I have started walking 8,000 steps per day in an attempt to bring some exercise into my regimen. So far I have 0 cravings to go back to food!

I am a data nerd so please see my calculated caloric deficiency model along with my progress below:

4 Likes

Good luck with your experiment here it will be great to see your final numbers. That felling full and keeping the energy while also losing weight was the biggest reason I stuck with the company since 2014.
Would love to go straight 100% powder again just haven’t been able to afford it.

Anyway keep updating here and watch out for the cravings you might eventually get of a Soylent product. :+1: ( I found it a little strange craving nothing but when it’s not an actual traditional food source) :beer::fries:

Quick Update!

I have hit my first goal of losing over 10 lbs!

It seems my weight loss has stabizilzed at approximately 0.6lb per day. I am currently enjoying 3 Soylent per day (1200 Cal) and trying to walk 30 minutes at lunch and run on the elliptical trainer at night.

I feel very good, still no signs of nausea, constipation, diarrhea or any other ill effects.

I can also say that my cravings are stabilized and I have no desire to eat or “cheat”. Looking forward to making it through another week.

Data:

4 Likes

This is great, and I’m looking forward to reading how this progresses for you. I hope that you stick with it and this becomes a successful journey towards a healthier life for you. My own experiment with Soylent (linked above) has so far been more than I had initially hoped for. I’m also a data junky and it’s been helpful to me to track my stats as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad you are having so much success. Here is my current progress update, I am down over 13 lbs! By the way, I apologize if I am posting too many updates, feel free to tell me so.

2 Likes

It’s all good. I just got done posting weekly updates for just over three months, with some weeks seeing more than a couple of extras. Post away. I appreciate the effort, I enjoy the education, and I revel in the success of others.

2 Likes

Three bottles a day seems like it’s almost too low. I’ve been using Soylent 2.0 for several months as a replacement for breakfast and lunch, and sometimes as an afternoon snack. My problem is that I indulge at night, past 8pm. I know that is the reason I haven’t been losing weight. I’ve never been into alcohol or drugs, but my late night food binges are a red flag that I am addicted to food. I’m trying to overcome this hurdle. My fear is always that I’m going to be “too hungry” and get headaches (which does happen). I think I could manage on 4 bottles of Soylent, but I’d love to hear how you can do 3 and get away with it! Isn’t it true that anything less than 1200 calories and your body goes into starvation mode?

1 Like

Also, I would love to know what times of day you drink the Soylent and whether you felt a “hump” to get over in the first couple days. And what time of day you weigh in?

My stats are: I’m 5’2" and 211.8 pounds but stocky/muscular. Most people that know me think I’m probably 180 lbs and not my current weight. I work out twice a week. I do have an elliptical, so I really should do at least 30 minutes on that.

My best weight in my adult life was around 170 and I was pretty happy with the way I looked at that point. I was about 176 for my wedding and the pictures looked fine, just slightly overweight but not terribly so. If I could get to 170 or even 165, it would be a dream.

I’ve convinced myself I’m ready – your posts are inspirational. I need to overcome the last hurdle of late night snacks and I CAN do this. If I got results anything like yours, I could lose what I want in less than 3 months.

1 Like