My serious issue with Soylent

I like how you say it so sure even though Rosa Labs admits elevated contents of soy isoflavones in their product coming from both the soy protein isolate (obviously you dont know what isolate means) and soy lecithin.

Soylent uses soy derivatives and contains inmense quantities of isoflavones. It’s not said by me but by Rosa labs itself, they just deny any harmful effects from them. But there has been important evidence both scientific and anecdotic to formulate an hypothesis: “Soylent 2.0 causes hormonal imbalances”

The isoflavones are going to effect the endocrine system, absolutely. I wouldn’t even try to deny that.

Can’t argue with that logic.

Can confirm the same problem, 6 months on 2.0 3 times a day.

Gynecomastia should not be taken lightly.

That sucks. I wonder if as a woman this is something I should look out for. I wouldn’t mind growing larger tits, but is there anything else unhealthy about it? It’s not likely to happen since this seems to affect so few people, but I am curious.

In my case it’s lopsided… so there’s that.

I’ve consumed much larger doses of Soylent than the OP and the results are indeed scary. Whereas he was only having one bottle per day, I’ve been on 100% Soylent 2.0 for months now and my pectorals are measurably larger than they were before I started. So are by biceps, my triceps, my quadriceps, my latissimus dorsi, my deltoids, and my trapezius muscles. In addition my abdominal muscles are much more apparent. Should I be worried? If I stop will the “swelling” go down?

There are some studies linking soy to elevated estrogen, which has usually awesome effects on us afab lent users (easier periods, better skin and hair) but can lead to some bad things for afab users(gynecomastia, sexual dysfunction). But I also posit that in parts of Asia they consume a high soy diet and don’t experience these things. shrug

Here are two surveys of the research, from PubMed:

Clinical studies show no effects of soy protein or isoflavones on reproductive hormones in men: results of a meta-analysis

Soybean isoflavone exposure does not have feminizing effects on men: a critical examination of the clinical evidence.

4 or 5 bottles per day here for the last few years and no issues at all

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2014/07/01/studies-show-many-studies-are-false/PP2NO6lKd7HMyTZa1iCHGP/story.html

There are studies that show that studies are flawed. Funny right? But the larger problem I think in these studies is money, who funds the study and what are their motives? Look what the sugar industry did in the 60’s that shaped the way we viewed nutrition for almost half a century.

Tobacco companies did the same thing to get furniture companies to spray their furniture with flame retartands, yeah it was the furnitures fault the house burned down…not the smoldering cigarette you dropped on it.

I am not a big conspiracy theory guy but I do know that money will protect itself.