Needing to eat too frequently on Soylent

I can generally go 8-10 hours without eating, but with Soylent, I’m finding it hard to go more than 3 hours without a snack, which is a bit annoying. Has anybody else noticed this, or had this issue?

have you just started soylent? If so give your stomach time to shrink and get accustom to (high calorie density) liquid food. Try to distinguish between hunger and empty stomach feelings. If its just empty stomach drink a tall glass of water and the feeling will diminish.

If you end up going 100% (or close to it) if will take a week or two for your system to adjust.

Some peoples bodies will just never adjust.I’m on day 3 of an all Soylent diet, I started with breakfast only on Monday, then Breakfast/Lunch on Tuesday and finally all in on Wednesday. My current intake is 600 Calories for the three meals and two 100 calorie drinks in between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner. My metabolism is so fast 2000 calories is not enough I’m perpetually hungry all day, but it gets real bad around the time I drink my Soylent snack. I guess I could just make more each day, but I don’t really want to. My guess is for long term I would need to eat at least real food for the snacks and just have Soylent meals.

Remember though, 2000 calories is 2000 calories, no matter what form. It may be a good idea to figure out your ideal healthy weight and calorie intake necessary to maintain your CURRENT weight. If you need to lose weight, try decreasing your intake by 500 calories per day, if you need to gain weight, consume 500 extra calories of your current requirements. Don’t forget those charts can be off some for each individual, but they are good guides.

Two days and all in is very aggressive (I did kinda the same and just made my body figure it out) to go 100% soylent. Your stomach hasn’t even shrunk yet (high density, low volume calorie intake - 500 grams per 2000 calories give or take).

Soylent is fun and there are no rules of what you have to do, the key is to listen to your body. As an example, I was craving chips a few days ago which is odd for me, I figured out that I likely forgot to add salt to the soylent that day.

@foxhound34 is exactly right, he is still hungry so eat some snacks (maybe try to have healthy snacks, but whatever) or more soylent.

Personally I like soylent because it removed the emotional component of eating (I love pizza and can eat 1/2 of a pie if you put it infront of me) and just made eating a function of energy/necessity. That allows me to eat much healthier and more informed of my body’s needs.