Nervous and disappointed - again

I heard about Soylent and looked into it about 6 months ago. The idea sounds great to me and it’s something I had been pondering for years before I heard about Soylent.

Back then I saw that the wait time for Soylent was 2 or 3 months. For me switching to an all-soylent diet would be a major commitment but I would love to give it a try. The problem is I don’t want to try it and decide that it’s something I could do long term, then discover that there’s an ongoing supply problem.

Here I am, half a year later, and I see that delivery times have gone up instead of down. I REALLY want to give this stuff a try but not with the current state of your supply chain. Maybe you should consider hiring an experienced consultant who can iron the kinks out of your supply and distribution. :frowning:

There is no supply at the moment. Soylent is being beta-tested, and full shipping won’t begin until that is complete. The people behind Soylent are already hard at work to ensure a steady supply once Soylent comes out of beta.

So basically, Keep Calm and Carry On, things will sort themselves out!

What stage would you say official Soylent will be with the release of 1.0? Open Beta?
As far as I know, it is legally classified as a food supplement, would going out of beta mean it will be upgraded to a food?